Chapter: 01

Mornings generally brought chaos, screams of shampoo clad youngsters running across the hallway, half dressed while their alarm clock blares through the house. For Harry, this was any other morning. He lazily made his way down to the kitchen, apron hung low on his neck as he skips the part where he actually has to tie it to his waist. His classes for the third year were at a more peaceful and convenient time, that was after 10 A.M. Niall's voice makes its way downstairs, a loud thump following closely indicating he's out and about on time for the first time. His blonde head pokes in, sweatpants hung low on his hip as a t-shirt rests on his bare shoulders. He nudges Harry's hips, grabbing a bottle of juice before sitting down on the counter chair across from him. 

"Good Morning mum" he says badgering as Harry rolls his eyes but a smile peeks through his sleepy face. 

"Morning Nialler, how was drinking with Perrie last night?" He asks flipping a pancake to perfection, his hip resting against the counter top as he tosses a berry in his mouth.

"Absolutely shit" both the boys turn their heads as Perrie walks in, her eyes puffed and sleep deprivation evident from her tired face. She groans and leans against Harry's back, mumbling incoherently. "Remind me to never challenge Niall to a drinking competition. ever." she says and Harry chuckles.

The slight hum of the coffee machine was the only thing filling the silence of the room as Harry flipped two pancakes for each of them. Out of the corner of his eye he spots Calum, only in his sweats walk into the kitchen, he yawns loudly scratching himself obscenely at which Perrie makes a face as he settles down. 

"Stop scratching your balls like an obnoxious cat" she says pointing a fork at his face as he flips her off before snatching the pancakes from Harry who bites his tongue to keep himself from laughing.

"Jesy isn't up yet?" Harry asks noticing her absence. Niall shakes his head, trying to speak with a mouthful of pancake but Perrie answers for him.

"She wanted to complete some assignment so she stayed back at her assignment partner's place. She'll be back after the morning lectures" she says walking towards the sink as she drenched her plate in water before grabbing her bag.

"If you boys want a ride today to the Uni, you better be outside in 5" she says and Niall and Calum scramble hurriedly towards the door. Harry throws a punk rock t-shirt at Calum's head as he smiles widely at him. All of them look like a tornado as they stumble out of the house, and Harry looks like their stay at home mom, in the apron with a spatula in hand at the door. "Bye mum !" Niall laughs and Harry rolls his eyes.

That's when he sees him, his blue eyes sparkling under the morning sun as his loud laughter wafted through the air like a subtle spring breeze. Harry's eyes trace the path he was running along, a football ahead of him as his friends followed. 

"Try not to be a creep, go talk to him for once" Perrie mumbles making Harry jump and blush in embarrassment. He clears his throat and waves her off as she rolls her eyes and walks towards the car. 

He looks up, his breathe getting caught in his throat as he finds the blue eyed boy staring right back at him through the front porch of his house. He gulps, managing to crack a small smile his way which he diligently returns with a wide grin of his own. Harry was sure if he'd not been leaning on the doorframe he'd have fallen out of the sheer force of happiness right now. He notices his hair, slightly damp and sticking to his forehead, breathing ragged as he kicks the football towards one of his friends who smirks and mumbles something, causing the boy to flip him off as he ran away laughing. 

Both of them stare at each other for a beat longer, the oven timer causing Harry to break away his gaze first. He swears under his breathe, shaking his head as he gives him one last glance before closing the door and leaning his back against it. The grin on his face seemed to be stuck there as he lined the cookie tray on the counter to cool.

He hummed a mindless tune as he walked upstairs to get his bag ready and take a long shower before heading out to get to his classes. But his mind kept back tracking towards the way the boy smiled at him, the way his eyes crinkled at the ends when he grinned. 

This boy was brighter than the morning sun itself. And Harry was walking into it without hesitation.