Chapter: 04

Louis kicked the ball lightly, rolling it a few steps ahead of him as he jogged along the practically empty gravel path.

Liam, Zayn and Luke were following close behind, their sharp breathes from running, too clear to him even if they walked at a distance. It had been a long time since they'd spent the evening playing footie but ever since the first leg of assignments and exams got over they'd decided to loosen up a bit.

As he kicked the ball into the porch, his face lit up as his eyes landed on a familiar curly headed boy in the house across the street.

He was standing on the front door, an apron wrapped around his waist and batter dripping spatula in hand. 

Louis smiled fondly watching him interact with his friends, laughing when the blonde guy called him 'Mum'.

"Look its Louis' boy" Luke chuckles, nudging Louis by his hip as Liam and Zayn snort. 

Louis glares at them, turning his head back to look at Curly.

Much to his delight, the green eyes were looking right back at him. He grinned wildly, waving gently. He caught the little startled look on his face before he waved back.

Louis had no idea when he'd developed such a crush on the curly haired boy which made his insides flutter everytime he saw him pass in the hallways, his lips broadening into a smile every time he watched his curls bounce of his forehead. It took a lot for Louis to not just grab him and hold him while running a gentle hand through his curls.

"You're being creepy again" Liam sing songed, breaking Louis out of his trance as he mumbled something under his breathe while running across the porch to snatch the ball from Luke. He could hear Liam snicker behind him as Zayn tried to shush him.

As the night dawned he settled into his bed, a low flicker of light from the lamp beside his bed glowed over the room as he sighed and closed his eyes. His brows furrowed as he twisted and turned in bed, hands gripping on the blanket tightly.

"Fuck" he sat up with a start, rubbing a hand roughly over his face as he shook the nightmare off. He knew this was his first nightmare after not having any for months.

He hated talking about it, it made him feel weak. Liam and Zayn had tried talking to him, and so did Leigh and Luke. But each time he dwelled upon the subject for more than five minutes he felt claustrophobic and trapped between his own thoughts.

He splashed some water on his face, sighing and looking at his puffed up eyes and swollen face from sleeplessness lately. Switching the lights off, he tosses his shirt on the chair near his bed before his eyes catch a silhouette across the street.

His eyes sparkle with joy as he watches the curly haired boy sit on the pavement near his house, earplugs in as his head moved along to whatever tunes played through the phone. The moon shone brightly on his pale skin, the milkiness of his skin emitting more so under the light. His curls fluttered with the wind, hitting his face softly as he kept brushing them back.