Chapter:05

Harry's eyes snapped open as his earplugs were harshly yanked from his ears. He looked up from the railing he was silently leaning forward on. The bus was late and his classes had ended early today.

"Lance?" he questioned, brows furrowing at the boy standing in front of him with a smug look on his face.

"Styles" he drawled, twisting the earplugs around his finger menacingly.

Harry knew something was up, Lance wasn't his friend per say more like his bully from first year. So he knew something was looming over him when Lance of all people approached him.

"What do you want Lance?" he asked, trying to pry away the earplugs from his hands before he broke them.

"I can't come talk to a friend now?" he raised a teasing brow, stepping too close for Harry's comfort. Harry stepped back, groaning internally as his back hit the railing.

"We both know we're not friends Lance. The entire Uni does." he scoffs in his face, Luke's face stiffening before breaking into a sly smirk as he keeps leaning closer.

Harry's breathing became rapid, he felt as if his lungs were collapsing as he tried to push Lance away. His vision became hazy and Luke just smirked wider.

"What's up lads?" a familiar voice rang in Harry's ears, a shaky breath of relief leaving his lips as he wobbled slightly.

"Lou" he weakly smiled at the older lad, who watched him with concern. He saw the emotion change to anger when he stared at Lance.

Louis might as well have burned holes in Lance's chest with a gaze so intense his eyes went a shade darker, Harry thought.

"Just having a little chat with Harold here" Lance smiles, brushing his finger along Harry's cheek.

Harry's eyes widen as he notices Louis stride forward, grabbing Lance by his collar and landing a punch straight to his jaw.

"What the fuck Tomlinson" he snarls stepping back as he hissed in pain. Even through blurred vision Harry could notice the bruise already forming.

"Touch him one more time and I won't hesitate breaking your god damn jaw and landing it in your hand" Louis spat, venom lacing his voice as a baffled Lance sauntered back with a fearful look.

"Lou" Harry whispered, tapping the shorter boy's shoulder. Louis turned around, the anger from before melting away completely as he took in Harry's figure curled up on himself in the corner.

"Hey, it's alright love" he spoke softly, brushing Harry's stray curl out of his forehead and tucking it behind his ear.

Louis missed the way Harry's pupils dilated at the little endearment. His green orbs looked like a dense forest shining after bountiful rain. Fond was practically dripping out of his eyes and making a puddle near his feet as he watched Louis tuck his curls behind his ear.

«•»

Louis doesn't know why he's currently tucking Harry's soft chocolate curls behind his ear. But he decides he likes it because Harry doesn't back away or react half as bad as Louis expected him to.

He's not reacting at all, that's another story and Louis is way too afraid to meet Harry's awaiting gaze.

He has no idea what happened but when Harry whispered 'Lou' so quietly a switch flipped on inside him, the urge to protect this boy overpowered. He'd never liked Lance to begin with, he was a total asshole. Bullying students younger than him was amusing to him and it disgusted Louis.

This was Uni for fucks sake. People need to grow up, especially people like him.

"Lou" Harry's voice breaks Louis' chain of thoughts, gaze softening as he spots Harry's curled up figure against the railing.