Chapter: 03

Harry sat on the couch, feet propped up on the table as his fingers dug into the ragged cushion in his hand. Niall, Calum and Ashton stood at weird corners of the room while Perrie and Jesy stood in front of him like police questioning a criminal. 

"You really said 'Its a nice name' as your introductory sentence?" Jesy says for the umpteenth time in the past hour making Harry sigh and nod in agreement. He knew they'd be disappointed but this wasn't how he'd expected it to go. 

When he walked through the door after getting off the bus, he was immediately tackled into the house by Niall and Ashton, practically throwing him on the couch as they all gathered around him like kids eager to listen to a bedtime story. Of course he knew they'd like a detailed anecdote of the entire conversation of barely 20 minutes.

The moment the words left his mouth he knew his end was near, Jesy stopped pacing and squaked, Perrie digging daggers into his soul as the boys laughed quietly. He narrowed his eyes at them

"You're making a big deal out of this" he says jutting his bottom lip out at them and sighing.

"Us?" Jesy deapans, an unamused look lingering on her face. "Harry Edward Styles. You've been crushing over Mr. beautiful Blue eyes for as long as we've attended Uni." She says making Harry widen his eyes in embarrassment as he sputtered. Perrie chuckled and flopped down beside him, her fingers gently caressing his unruly curls.

"Harry, babe you have to step up and make a move. You can't go on making it look like its a high school crush forever" she says and Harry drops his head on her shoulder, sighing and nodding."I'll try, I need to prepare myself for it first" he says and all of them shake their heads with a fond smile.

"Alright enough of this, how about we do that roasting marshmallows thing in the front porch. We did it in the backyard last time and Mrs. Laneyard complained we made a lot of noise." Ashton says and everyone groans at the memory. They shrug, each of them going to collect the designated stuff for the little relaxing event they did almost once every week to relieve the stress of clouding assignments and projects.

Harry changed into a loose lilac sweatshirt, grey sweats and headed to the kitchen to retrieve the marshmallows from where he'd hidden them from Niall and Ashton. He knew they'd not leave a single marshmallow for everyone if the pack lingered in plain sight. He stepped out, Niall and Jesy had already started the small fire, enough to roast the marshmallows. Perrie and Ashton returned with blankets and mats to get comfortable. They beamed as Calum walked into the house, his face immediately brightening up as he saw what his friends were up to. He needed that after the tiring session of endless pictures of various shades of the sky.

"How's the project coming along Cal?" Harry says as he tosses his bag aside and flops on the grass like a tired cat. He groans but smiles, "It actually going good, just a bit more tiring than I'd imagined" he says.

"Bet you'll do great mate, your pictures of our day out at the beach live in my head rent free" Harry says and everyone hums and nods in agreement.

"Hey guys"

Harry's eyes widen to the size of saucers, jaw dropping to the floor as everything slowed down around him. (He gave himself liberty to be this dramatic) Liam, Zayn, Leigh, Luke and....Louis, stood their with wide grins on their faces. And by the looks of the three packs of marshmallows and different colors of blankets in their hands they were here to stay. Not that he minded, but a little warning ahead of time would've helped.