Crocodile Tears || JHS. (2)

"W-wait!" 

Sora called fruitlessly, stumbling forward to catch her balance. But when she turned back, Hoseok was gone, vanishing among the throng of half-naked bodies. 

Gawking in that direction, wondering what just happened, Sora was unable to dawdle much longer before her eyes caught the flailing arms of Milli, who was waving desperately at her from the cabana.

Suppressing a gasp, Sora sped off towards her, thankful for Hoseok's jacket, since she couldn't trust her flimsy top from flying off at the speed she was going. 

"Sora, where were you?" Milli scolded when she arrived back. "Orders are piling up like crazy, and even more guests have arrived since our firework show is starting in five minutes!" 

"Oh, shoot!" Sora slapped a hand against her forehead, feeling like an idiot. "The firework show! Did that much time pass already? I'm sorry Milli, I'll get caught up real quick." 

Glancing out from the cabana, Sora knew that Milli was right. Even more people were crowding the resort, and she could barely even make out a path from one end of the pool to the other. Gulping down her guilt, she quickly turned back inside, grabbing order cards and cramming as many drinks piling up on the bartender's queue as possible onto her serving tray,doing her best to memorize which drinks went to which part of the resort. 

"Excuse me, excuse me!" Just like squeezing through the girls to get to Hoseok, Sora found herself shoving herself into swathes of people, fervently keeping her tray from being flipped or tipped by flailing arms as well as any part of her bikini from getting inadvertently ripped off. The loud music pounded into her ears, making it hard for people to hear her, but thankfully, drinks were served accordingly with minimal mistakes. 

And speaking of Hoseok's jacket, even as she served, Sora couldn't help but search for Hoseok, his words ringing in the back of her mind. 

He said he wanted his jacket back... but where is he? He sounded like he was in a hurry. 

Although she was distracted by her duties, Sora noticed that Hoseok hadn't returned to his circle of girls, who were now mindlessly playing a few pool games on their own, not a trace of him to be seen. Figuring he must just be in the bathroom or something, Sora shook off anymore thoughts, hoping she'd be able to find him before they closed up for the night. 

"Final order!" Sora heaved to herself in glee, ecstatic and relieved she'd finally caught up.

Looking out, she was even more relieved to see that most people were already out the gates of the pool, trickling towards the magnificent hill where tonight's firework show was hosted, and she knew that the resort staff had already set up grills, more drinks and refreshments, blankets, and picnic baskets at the top of the hill, ready for their patrons. 

Okay. Just this final group. Then everyone would be out of the pool area, distracted by the firework show on that hill, and I can finally start cleaning everyone's crap up— 

Sora froze when she saw what group her final order was for.

Group Eleven. 

She stifled a groan.

Not those perverts again. 

But a job was a job, and the fact that they were her last order motivated her to add the eight cocktails onto her tray and head out, as much as her feet dragged. Pretty much everyone had emptied the pool area now, tables bare and pool vacant of bodies for the first time that night. Sora knew that all of the other resort staff were busy escorting their guests up the hill, setting up the area, or preparing the fireworks. And so, with a silent groan, Sora knew she was alone in this, and she couldn't push this duty to someone else to take care of.