Promoted to Death || KTH. (2)

"Eunbi."

Peering up, she was alarmed to find that Taehyung had crouched down to her level, staring into her eyes. Like before, his face was impassive, betraying him of no emotion, but all Eunbi felt next was irrepressible rage and contempt.

"Go away," she sobbed, turning away. "It's all your fault... it's all your fault!"

She hated him. She was crumbling like this, yet he clearly didn't look sorry nor sympathetic, and she wanted to shove him, push him, and hurt him like he did to her.

"Eunbi–"

"Why did you come in here?!" she snapped, her anger sucking away her panic enough for her to drag herself onto her feet. "If you hadn't appeared when Boss was reading my report–if you hadn't gone here in the first place–none of this would've happened!" She wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "Okay, you're better than me, Kim Taehyung! I admit it and you finally get to hear it from me!" she cried. "But this doesn't mean that I won't try!"

With that, she twisted around and streaked through the door, flying towards the exit of the office building, praying that her boss hadn't left yet.

I have to try...I have to try... I have nothing left.

She burst into the office parking lot, the cool evening November air brushing her skin, moon clear in the sky. The lot was practically empty now, and wildly scanning the area, her eyes quickly found Boss opening the driver's side of her car. Without wasting any more time, Eunbi burst off towards her.

"Boss!" she cried, grabbing her arm again. She collapsed onto her knees to beg, heaving from both exhaustion and desperation. "Please listen to me, I promise I will–"

"Eunbi!" her boss growled, shaking her off just as she did in her office. But Eunbi didn't stop. Scrambling to her feet again, she grabbed her arm again, trying to prevent her from entering the car and sealing her fate. "Boss, please, I really need this–"

Slap!

Shrieking, Eunbi's hands released their grip from his arm and flew to her cheek, where a sharp sting exploded. Shocked, she faced her boss, whose arm was still raised from where she'd slapped her, and Eunbi couldn't find any more words, her crushed heart fracturing into dust.

"You're fired, Eunbi," Boss said coldly, but before she could turn back to her car, her eyes flicked over to something over Eunbi's shoulder. Her hand immediately lowered, that same joyful smile replacing her glare. "Oh, Taehyung! Going home now?"

No. No, no, no.

Eunbi didn't want to, but she did. Twisting around, her fears were confirmed when she saw Taehyung, who had once again made an appearance after her like a ghost, either concerned for her or, more likely, wanting to go home.

His eyes, as they always were, were stony, but now, they held a different glint. Perhaps Eunbi had just never seen them under the moonlight, but nothing was right about them...

Unlike Eunbi, however, their boss didn't seem to care, that overly bright smile still plastered on her face. "You should hurry and get home, Taehyung. I know you ride a bike, and visibility at night is not the best."

"Yes, I know," Taehyung said, his voice now gravelly and dead.

"Oh, are you worried if Eunbi convinced me to give her job back?" her boss said behind her, laughter lacing her voice. "Don't worry, she's fired. You'll get your raise tomorrow."

"Okay," Taehyung said. He wasn't looking at Eunbi when he arrived, but now he did, and she froze, blood running cold.

What's... what's wrong with him...