Romeo || JJK.

“I got the part!” said Sun Yuki, her eyes filled with pride and excitement.

Jungkook looked over to his friend as she held the letter in her hand. She ran over to show him.

“This is my first lead role!” she continued, “Now open yours, I want to see!"

He patted her head, “You’re eyes sparkle when you’re excited, did you know that?”

She stared at him, taken back by his compliment. “Oh shush and open your  letter.” Her hand pushed his shoulder playfully.

They had been friends for almost half a decade, and over the course of their friendship, she managed to develop a deep crush on him. However, she was way too scared to admit this and liked their relationship as it was. It was perfect, and she would not let a crush potentially destroy what they had.

Slowly, he opened the letter, purposefully taking his time to mess with her. He read
the letter in silence.

“Well, what does it say?” she asked.

He smiled, “I got cast as Romeo.”

Yuki’s heart fell as a sense of dread washed over her. She knew she should be happy—
ecstatic, even, that she would get the opportunity to kiss her crush and not ruin her friendship. Despite this, she also knew that it would be extremely difficult, maybe nearly impossible, to hide her true feelings.

“Hello? Are you alright?” he waved his hand in front of her face.

“Oh." she snapped out of it,“Yes, I’m fine.”

“We both got the lead roles. This will be fun to work together.”

She nodded in agreement, but still rather distant. Her face was beginning to flush and she decided to call it a night.

“Ya, it will be fun. Rehearsals start tomorrow so we’d better get some rest.”

“You’re right. Do you have a ride home?” he asked.

Yuki had completely forgotten about getting home.“Uh... no. I can just walk though, you know I don’t live far.”

He shook his head, “I won’t let you walk alone. Come on,” his hands reached to grab her things, “Let’s go.”

Before she had a moment to protest, he began to walk toward the exit. While she didn’t want to impose, she felt safer knowing she had someone to walk with. Upon reaching her apartment building, he handed back her belongings.

“Thank you for walking with me, and carrying my things. You didn’t have to," she said.

“You know I would never let you walk home alone, especially at night.” he smiled and patted her head.

Warmth rose to her cheeks. She closed her eyes and savored the affection, sighing contentedly.

“Don’t fall asleep, now.” he joked before letting go.

“It’s hard not to. Goodnight, Jungkook” said Yuki giving a small wave goodbye before heading into the building.

He lifted his hand in response even though she was already turned around. Waiting in the dark, he watched until she completely left his sight.

“Goodnight, Yuki.”

===

The following day came the first rehearsal. Everyone arrived in comfortable clothing and was given their scripts. Most of the day consisted of informational meetings about deadlines, show dates, and other plans. In the last portion of the day, the actors got into small groups to begin rehearsing some of their lines and scenes.