Chapter 46 The War And The Princess

'Come on _____, wake up.' a soft, adorable voice mutters, sounding awfully close to you, while you feel someone tugging your hand gently. In response, you keep your eyes closed, no matter the strong light that tries desperately to make its way through your closed eyelids, in a hopeless attempt to pull you into consciousness. Still, you carefully keep them closed, groaning lightly and trying once again to fall back to sleep.

 'You really are a sleepy head!' the tugging continues and a soft childish chuckle resonates inside the room 'Slendy is waiting for us for breakfast and he won't be happy if we are late. Come on, wake up.' someone gives you a light kiss on the cheek.

  The mind can be an awful tool sometimes, as no matter your tries to sleep a little bit longer, your brain processes the voice that is sounding right beside you, recognizing it to belong to Sally. Immediately, your body and instincts react to the small child's presence and you open your eyes, only to meet with two green moons that are staring down to you, as Sally is leaning over your sleeping form, giving you one of those bright smiles that always seem to make your heart lighter inside your chest. Your reaction is instant. Before the small girl has the chance to react, you grab her tightly, burying her small figure in your arms, rolling to the side of your bed and starting to tickle the little girl mercilessly. Her loud laughter echoes inside the room, joyful and innocent, exactly as a child's laughter should be. She tries desperately to defend herself, as you continue with the attack, large tears of happiness rolling from the small girl's eyes, as her hands try to prevent yours from tickling her any longer. You can't help but laugh along with her, your heart beating fast and loudly inside your chest as sheer and unstoppable happiness floods every fiber of your existence. You were finally awake at your house, all safe and sound, able to play with Sally and be with your family once again. And this time, you were sure that the joyful days would not come to an end.

  'Do you give up Sally?' you ask evilly, a huge grin stuck on your face permanently, as you allow the little girl to breathe for a split second.

  'HAHAHAHA! I GIVE UP! PLEASE, _____! HAHAHAHA! I GIVE UP! HAHAHAHA!'

'Okay then.' You smile and give her a tender kiss on the forehead, as she immediately hugs you back, the smile never leaving her tiny face.

  'I really missed you _____.' She says as the both of you cuddle.

'I missed you too Sally. More than you can possibly imagine.' You give her another small kiss on the top of her head.

  Both of remain there, neither even daring to break the full of love sisterly moment, respecting the fact that the recent events kept you away from one another and all the time that was lost couldn't possibly be replenished. Your most regrets though, generate from the fact that you allowed the little girl to worry about you even for a split second, something that was breaking your heart more than anything else. It didn't matter what would happen or happened to you, since all the others could handle it one way or another, but allowing yourself to make Sally worry too much and even possibly making her cry, was a thing that you wouldn't forgive yourself for, not even if a thousand years passed. She was just too innocent and good to make her worry for such trivial matters. She was your little sister and you were not going to make her worry ever again. And that was a fact that even the beast inside your mind obeyed to. No exceptions.

  The cute little moment was soon to be interrupted, as a small knock came from the door, before the silver doorknob turned and the door opened, only to reveal EJ behind it, who peeked inside the room cautiously, as if not wanting to wake you up in case you were sleeping, or catch you off guard with embarrassing results.