Chapter 47 Believe Your Own Eyes

With the upcoming arrival of Slenderman's brothers, the whole Creepypasta household was up and about. A rare sight for you eyes indeed, thinking to yourself that you hadn't seen the rest of the residents so lively since Christmas were around the corner. Everyone was running up and down the whole place, including you, fixing and tidying up every little spot around the house, every little crevice that you highly doubted it would go unnoticed by the thorough cleaning program all of the residents started or by the Master of the house himself. The living room and hallway were shining brightly at the strong rays of the luxurious sun that peered through the vast windows, both rooms being spotless to their every inch and giving off an ever-so-faint aroma of lavender and chlorine. God only knows what you and Jane had gone though to mop the floor with only an old piece of cloth. Your knees still remember the pain though.

   But, with all the cleaning up, the whole place was slowly and steadily starting to remind you of a normal, cozy house, if you excluded of course its peculiar and murderous residents; but excluding them, you would most probably take all the fun away from it. Slenderman had ordered everyone to cooperate and in case someone disobeyed or a fight broke out, he would personally make sure that they would be severely punished. You didn't even need the faint static in the faceless-being's voice to feel a shiver of pure terror go down your spine, knowing that there was threat lurking behind his calm words, something that immediately made you cooperative as hell. Following your train of thoughts, the rest of the residents obliged to the request as well. Even Toby with Masky appeared to have some unspoken treaty among themselves and to everyone's complete surprise, didn't even argue silently. They did downright ignore each other though, something that was clearly the best deal the two of them could pull. The rest of you worked in good terms though and even Ben left his games aside for a while, helping in his turn to make sure all the electronics around the house worked perfectly, before cleaning up like the rest of you. You couldn't help but think that if all it took for the elf to move from his spot in the sofa and help around, was the upcoming visit, then those brothers should be visiting more often.

  Of course, the unfortunate incidents weren't a rare case, especially when each of you started to clean their rooms.

  For example, Toby asked you to help him out in cleaning his room, which was okay as a suggestion and as a favor to your best friend. It all began normally, you stepped inside the room which kind of reminded you a picture of a demolished to the ground building you had once seen in a newspaper, which was normal for a teenager like Toby —so no surprises here- and both of you began to clean up, with him moving the heavy stuff and you helping out with the details that he would most probably overlook and most probably bring upon you Slenderman's wrath. Both of you chatted and joked merrily, the constant cracking and popping of his neck barely noticeable by your accustomed brain and pretty much everything went well. Until you kneeled down to clean under his bed. And until something looked back at you from the dark space under the bed.

  E.J. was the first one to charge inside the room, responding to your deafening scream of terror, only to find the goggled man holding you in his hands bridal style, your arms wrapped so tight around his neck that you were pretty much cutting off his air supply. The Proxy had swiftly started to turn purple from the lack of air, but remained as he was, not daring to move a single muscle, until you withdrew your hand to point at a huge —five times the normal size- rat that peeked under the Proxy's bed, allowing Toby to draw in a sharp breath. The incident ended with E.J. throwing the rat out of the window and you storming out the room, swearing loudly and vowing that you would never step a foot inside the hatchet man's room ever again and smacking Jeff's head sharply, to punish him for laughing at you.