Chapter 48 As Beautiful As A Purple Rose

'Greetings fair lady.'

In the threshold of the house, it appeared that the three most bizarre people you had ever seen, were standing. It is rather peculiar for a killer such as yourself to say that there is something far more bizarre than either you, or the rest of the fellow residents inside the house, but fate was apparently playing tricks on you, since it appeared that there were far more obscure things in this world.

   The man standing right behind the door and was apparently the one that spoke, was as tall and lean as Slender. Well, now that you thought about it, pretty much all of them had characteristics around Slenderman's concept. So the first one, in contrast to Slender, he actually did have facial features, such as two totally black eyes and a mouth that was carved up in a gentle smile that somehow relaxed you, since it carried along the innocence of a child. It reminded you the smile Sally gives you when the two of you play alone and made you wonder how is it possible for someone other than a child to manage to pull it. He was wearing a black suit that had a pattern of polka dots, in various colors, matching it with a tall hat, which he took out as he greeted you, his black tentacles moving gently in the faint breeze. Right behind him, the man that was next reminded you of a real life mannequin, like the ones they have in shops so they can show off their new collections of clothes. And that was not only because he was dressed in high fashion, but also because he was holding a Galaxy phone on his hands, looking at the screen with his blank stare, behind a pair of high fashion glasses. He was the only one among them that didn't have tentacles behind his back, but you couldn't really decide if that was because he chose to hide them, or didn't have at all. Last but not least, the one that was standing behind the first two, was the second one to actually have a mouth. He was as tall as the others and with no facial features, excluding the mouth. He wore a long, grey trench coat and a pair of black pants and a grey hat, while he was smoking heavily.

  He was smiling like the first one, but his smile did not, in any way, held any traces of innocence and pure goodness inside. Rather, it made a cold chill run down your spine and the monster inside your mind to growl slowly, menacingly at the view it was presented with, threatening to switch the remaining sanity switches inside you. This smile was a dangerous one, one that made you want to avert your gaze away from it, as if only by looking at it, you would become tainted and impure. By instinct, your mind started securing itself. You practically felt yourself submerge in the cold and black abyss that suddenly arose and bubbled inside of you, knowing that it was the only way to protect your mind from him. Your eyes filled with coldness and the expressionless attitude that you had the first days you arrived here, three times more powerful this time. And why was that? It was because this man reminded you something...it was as if you had seen him before...no, that couldn't be...you would remember that threatening smile...what was it then?

  'What's the matter ___?' you feel EJ pass his hand on your waist as he comes to stand by you, looking at the newcomers as well. In total contrast with your confused and distressed mind, he just sighs under his breath, so faintly that only you can hear him and greets the three men 'I see that you have arrived. Come inside.'

  'Finally. The girl was starting to get annoying.' The man in the glasses said before the others had the time to react, passing proudly by the two of you, never looking up from his phone.

  'Nice to see you too Trender.' EJ simply matters.