Chapter 52 To pepromeno figin adinato

~Seven Months Later~

  Coming out of the hot shower, you can't help but let a deep sigh escape your lips happily. There was nothing better to start your morning with, other than a refreshing shower to wash away the last traces of sleep off your eyes. Smiling to yourself, your feet come gently in touch with the cold, wooden floor underneath, as you make your way towards your bedroom with just enough time in your hands to get prepared for the busy day. Closing the door behind you, your gaze wanders around your room, immediately spotting the clothes you had left out yesterday, so gently mumbling some random song, you drop your towel and walk to the clothes, grabbing them and starting to get dressed up for school.

   This morning, the rude wake up you received from your alarm clock had ruined your perfect dream -where you were kissing a guy, whose face you were unable to see- and along with the dream, the alarm destroyed your happy mood for the day as well, which was only restored after the hot shower. Having everything prepared for school, you walk over to your floor mirror, gazing upon your petite figure, fixing any last minute details about your (h/l) (h/c) hair and your clothes, noticing that you looked pale and sleep-deprived, something that wasn't too much of a surprise. Grabbing your bag mindlessly, you storm out of your room, feet stomping against each wooden stair of the huge staircase that adorned the house, as you descended down, heading to the kitchen.

   Even from your room, you were pretty much able to smell the really sweet aroma of something delicious being cooked, so you couldn't help but feel your mouth water and your stomach to growl loudly, reminding you nonetheless of a dying whale. You hadn't had a decent dinner yesterday, since your failed attempt to make pizza, only ended one step away from calling the fire department to come and help out, so you vowed to yourself never to go near the oven again. The moment you step on the hallway, you turn on your left and enter the small kitchen, where the table was already set with all kinds of foods and drinks, so you take a seat, your gaze falling on a turned back, as a man was standing in front of the oven.

  'Good morning Helen.' You chirp happily 'What are you making?'

'Your favorite.' The man responds 'Waffles with (favorite) syrup.' he says and turns towards you with a plate full of freshly baked waffles.

  The moment you see them you fangirl a little bit, throwing your hands in the air and cheering on him as he places some of the waffles on your plate, before he takes the seat next to you and the both of you start eating your breakfast. He didn't forget though to mess your hair playfully as he did every single morning, giving you a small smile of happiness. It was really nice to have him around, since he might be silent and calm, but you knew all the right things to make him smile immediately. After all, he was your older brother and it made you really happy to see him smile.

  It had been barely two months now that you had finally woken up from the coma in which you had fallen for eleven months, after the tragic car crash that killed your family eleven months ago. Your father, your mother, you and your little sister Cady were on your way to go and meet Helen in the town where he lived after graduation from Arts College, but on the way, a drunk driver threw his car on your own, instantly killing all the others and sending you to the hospital in a comatose state. The doctors never really believed that you would wake up at all, but Helen never left your side praying and hoping that you would win this, that you would wake up once again, until one hot day of August, you finally opened your eyes, only to be greeted by his blue own.