CHAPTER TWO: THE TERRIBLE NIGHTMARE.

I was walking in a lonely part, all alone. In my heart, there was misery and loneliness and I just thought I should continue going forward.
Suddenly, I began to hear screams of people in a distance, that was not too far from where I was.  I felt the urge to move closer to have a look at where the noise was coming from.
I began to move, very slowly but carefully. When I got a little closer, I noticed it was the sound of war going on which means there was a battle going on.
I began to hear clashes of swords, surprisingly, I was still walking towards the sound.
On getting, to the point where the battle was taking place. I saw a man not too far from where I was.
I saw the man had muscles and was looking very handsome, just like a Greek god. A pair of blue eyes, and very long hair, was reaching down to his waist.
I was still staring directly, at the young man, then suddenly the young man I saw changed into a beast.
A monster to be precise, An animal head reinstated right at his face. And his nails became long and sharp.
I was still watching, the young man, I saw that the latter, looked like the head warrior in the battle.
I saw the killings, that the young man displayed right in front of me. It was a massacre indeed.
Despite all this, I was seeing, I never felt the urge to run away. I was enjoying watching the scene right in front of me.
I immediately saw his eyes staring at me, in a flash. I had a sense of security and safety. When looking at him.
I saw his fingers, gesturing for me to come further to him. I didn't hold back myself, but I moved forward to him.
In a few moments, I was standing face to face with him. I saw tenderness and love in his eyes.
I allowed him to touch my lips,  I heard his voice instantly, in my head " where have you been, all my life I have been waiting for you. ". That was all I heard in my mind.
Abruptly, I opened my eyes, everywhere was dark. I was breathing heavily, I was sweating, and I was very terrified.
It took a while, for me to know that it was a dream. And I was still in my father's dungeon.
What a dream I just had, come to think of it. Who is that monster? I wasn't scared of it at all? And I felt a very good sense of security and family towards the fellow.
I don't think I have met that man in my life, I don't remember his human face. I think the latter must be a wizard to have changed instantly, to that beast.
And I wasn't scared of him in the dream, why was I now scared when I had already woken up.
Just as I was deep in my thought, I was then brought back from my thought, by my half brother Lincoln.
"Just take a look at this, whore. Oh, the gods Zeus, why did I get a witch for a sister. My so-called sister is sitting  here looking very innocent and calm."
"You are just like a leopard that can never change its spot. Don't worry Zainab, this time around you will going to get it hot, this time around trust me.
" Lincoln " I called his name, " if only I was not locked up in here, you would have seen another side of me today. I would have thought you a good lesson you wouldn't have forgotten in a hurry.
"Do you even know how much I hate you? Even the ground I walk on despises you"Lincoln spoke rudely.
"Your very existence alone, makes me sick, how I wish I will wake up one morning and find out that you have disappeared from my life. I can't imagine how happy I will be."
"Then I, Lincoln the crown prince, an heir to the throne of Persia would have found peace by then"
As Lincoln, spoke, I felt a stab in my heart. And the pain I felt was very severe. It was not physical pain, it was an emotional one.
After my brother had finished pouring out his heart. The latter left the dungeon. I instantly fell to the ground and started weeping uncontrollably.
I cried until my eyes became red and I couldn't cry anymore. I sat down after a while and waited for my faith.

***

At the dining table, the queen was instructing the maids to wake up her husband and children to have breakfast.
They disappeared rapidly to grant her request. "My sweetheart," my father entered into the dining hall. " where you requesting for me a moment ago?".
"Yes husband, My stepmother replied!".
"Where are Lincoln and Diana? My father asked"
"My dear,  I just sent the maids to call them now. I believe they would be here in a moment". My stepmother replied!
Just then Lincoln stepped into the hall, followed by his sister Diana. "Good
morning father, good morning mother. They both greeted!".
"Lincoln  Why are you late today?  His mother asked.?"
"I was so angry mother, I couldn't take it any longer, I had to go to the dungeon, to go and give that bitch piece of mind. How I wish Zainab will just disappear. I don't wish to see her anymore. "
" Don't worry my son, just have your breakfast, I will teach her a lesson, I want her to know her place in this palace. I don't want you to ruin your day because of this. I am your mother and believe me, I can handle Zainab so please eat your food. And live the rest for me " his mother replied to him.
"My dear son, don,t let that rude sister of yours spoil your mood, don't worry I have got the perfect plan to deal with that bitch.'.