CHAPTER THREE : THIS UNFAILAL DAUGHTER OF MINE

Shortly after, Lincoln left the dungeon I know that they will be a great punishment awaiting me so I decided to sit and wait for my fate.
I was still sitting on the floor with the chains on it, only to notice my father arriving shortly in the dungeon.
What has this unfilial daughter of mine done this time around, " Zainab" I could hear him call my name? "Yes, father" I stated.
"I heard you were thrown into the dungeon, by your stepmother due to your rebellious behaviour. I was notified that you of all people humiliated and disgraced your blood. By beating your own younger brother to a pulp".
" I am highly disappointed in you, anyway, what good can come out from a daughter like you. Whose mother died while giving birth to her. "
"Father, you can't conclude about the entire episode without hearing my side of the story, I believe matters in the kingdom are not judged like this. Hearing from one party, alone in an issue. That's so wrong of you father". I exclaimed!
" I didn't expect you to take sides immediately, but to unite your family into peace and harmony. By your actions, you are only trying to divide your family". I told him in a fearless but respectable tone.
"Shutup that trash you call a mouth, I am your father and am also your King. There should be a good amount of respect and anxiety when talking to me."
" I am sorry father if you think I didn't respect you well enough, but I need you as my father to listen to me. Just like how a father should listen to his daughter before you take any rash decisions"
"I don't tolerate a bully in my kingdom"
Smack!!!
My father slapped me,
I instantly felt a chill pain, running down in my face. My father was trained as a soldier before he became king. It was the very reason. Why his slap was so severe and the pain very unbearable.
Tears began to flow uncontrollably from my eyes. My eyes became red and watery. And my cheek became red. For I could still the severe pain coming out from my cheek.
The pain in my heart was far greater than, the pain I was feeling In my cheek. For I felt dejected and wrong. And the most agonising part of it was that I had no one to speak out or fight for me. I just have to put up with the fate life has brought to me.
"Father why, why do you treat me with such hatred and disdain. Am I no longer your blood?. What is my crime?. Why am I regaled like a slave, in my own father's house."?.
" A child that the mother died why giving birth to her, is a witch and a cursed child. You were so evil and horrible, that you had to kill your mother. A woman that gave you life"

"Right from infancy, I have always known you to be an evil creature. One that no good can ever come from " My father stated.
"I can assure you Zainab, I am going to give you a very good punishment that you will not forget in a hurry."
"Father please, " I tried to plead with my father because I was very scared of what he will do to me next. If being in the dungeon, for more than a day was not enough punishment.
I wondered what else he was going to do to me. So I felt the other way, was to plead. Maybe, his heart will soften and he might just decide to forgive me.
Or better still, give me a lighter punishment. But all my pleading fell on deaf ears. For my father was still as ruthless and heartless as always.
"Gaius"
My father called on one of his guards.
"See to it that this unruly daughter of mine is given twenty-four lashes of the whip. And also, no one is allowed to give her food and water. Until she is ready and remorseful, and also willing to apologise, for what she had done."
"I repeat, no one is allowed to defile my orders. Whosoever defines my orders, shall have his or her head chopped off on my stables. Do you understand?".
"Yes your highness"
Gaius retorted in a flat but audible tone.
Gaius hastily entered the dungeon, he then tied me to a table that was situated right inside the dungeon.
I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. There were flowing nonstop, I knew who Gaius was. He was very ruthless and mean, I know he will never take pity on me.
But I guess he was still following my father's orders. Right before, my father's supervision, I was given twenty-four lashes. And just as I expected, Gaius exerted all his energy.
By the time he untied me on the table, to take me to where I was chained initially. My eyes became blurry, and my head began to spin. In a matter of a view seconds, I had already collapsed on the floor, for I had no more strength left in me.
Gaius tried waking me up, but there was no slight movement from me. He tried raising me, but I just collapsed on the floor again.
"What is wrong Gaius?" my father asked.
"Your highness, I think the princess just lost consciousness. I mean the princess has fainted."
"Oh, I see, my father stated, there is no course of alarm. Gaius, you may chain her up and leave her there. Am very sure, in no time, she will wake up."
Gaius did as he was instructed, and thereafter he left with my father from the dungeon.
By this time, my stepmother was in her chambers. The latter just had her bath and was now applying lavender oil on her skin.
One of her maids was applying the ointment on her laps, and also every area in her body
The maid was massaging her shoulders as well. It was very obvious, the maid was very good at her job.
" My mistress, I hope you are enjoying the massage." She asked all of a sudden.
"Of course Laila, you know, no one else can be so good in massage like you do. To me, you are the best."
"I am so honoured to serve you, my queen, for it gives me great pleasure."
After that, the maid picked up a brush from the closet and started brushing her hair,
Laila was so delicate and very talented that she brushed off her mistress's hair, with great care and affection.
In a matter of moments, she was done and already styled the hair to a bun.
"Laila" the Queen called out her name. Will, it is convenient for you to personally make a black tea for me, I think I am in dying need of it to relax my nerves."
"That will be no problem, your highness, since it pleases her Majesty, I shall see to it that it is brought before you.
" Thank your Laila " I appreciate you, the Queens's lips curled up into a smile"
The maid stepped out to the kitchen to get the tea done. In a matter of a few minutes, the tea was prepared and brought forward to the queen's chambers.
Knock knock knock!
A knock was heard at the door of the queen's chambers.
"Who is it"? The queen inquired.
"Am the one, your highness"
"You may come in" the Queen answered in a flat tone,
"Here is your tea, your highness"
Laila placed the teacup carefully, on the table. "
" Laila, I think I will be needing your attention this night."
"Ok, your highness, but what about the King, will he not be coming to your chambers tonight".
" am not sure of that Laila,  you have nothing to be afraid of ok, "
Just then, a light knock was heard from outside the door. Fear and shock were written all over their faces.
"Your highness "Laila spoke after some time, who could that be?