CHAPTER NINE: YOU DON'T CARE FOR YOUR BROTHER.

Annabel was sitting at the dining hall having dinner her husband and Ceasear looking worried and guilty.
As soon as his mother left the room, Ethan lay on his bed. Different thoughts were coming into his mind, and he drifted his mind once more into thinking.
What could be the reason why werewolves and mortals do not marry?. He didn't think about it before. Even though my mother didn't tell me, there must be a reason why.
Come to even think of it, he had never been in love before, so he didn't get an idea of what love meant. But he knew he had to get married, but the big question is.
Who was he going to get married to, and he was to get married, he would like to get married to someone he loved. Ethan didn't care if the female was a mortal female or werewolf just like him.
He needs to talk to the seer, Nathaniel was talking about earlier. At least to solve the mystery of these reoccurring nightmares. He needed answers to his visions.
In the evening, Ethan didn't have dinner, for he did not have any appetite, this made his mother worried. She was troubled, she thought she had spoken to her son in a very harsh manner. That made him skip his dinner, which was unlike him. She felt a little bit of guilt in her heart.
"What is it my Alphanaya? Alfred decided to ask when he noticed his wife was greatly troubled.
" It is Ethan" My Alpha, Annabel answered her husband in a respectable tone.
"What is it about him?" Alfred inquired.
"He didn't show up for dinner." She said in a sad voice.
"But you know our son Ethan, sometimes he will prefer to have his meals brought to his bed chambers. That's not a new character, he could be eating right now in his room. I see no reason why you should worry your head about that, just go ahead and have your meal." Alfred tried to coax his wife as if she was still a baby.
"Mother, you should try and eat your food, for all we know Ethan might be having his dinner right now," Caesar added.
"Why is it that you don't care for your brother? He is your flesh and your blood, he cares so much about your wellbeing. Can't you for one day learn to love your brother too. " Annabel yelled at caesar.
"If only Lily your sister has not gotten missing two years ago. I know she would have loved and cared for Ethan, just like how a normal sibling does." Annabel immediately burst into hot bitter tears, and her husband Alfred tried to console her.
"Ceasar, don't you dare make your mother remember the past, don't you know she is hurting now.? Why don't you have a shred of conscience left in you?. Caesar, you may live the dining hall now, I will send a maid to bring your food to your room." Alfred spoke in a harsh tone.
Afterwards the latter with a grumbling voice stood up and rudely left the dining hall.
"My wife, tell me if there is anything that happened to Ethan that I don't know of," Alfred said in a low voice.
"Yesterday I went to Ethan's bed chambers to discuss the issue about him getting himself a wife since he is now of age. Only for Ethan to ask me a strange question." Annabel stated.
"What was the question he asked you?".
"He was asking me if werewolves and mortal females can inter-marry."
"I told him that, never in the history of werewolves, have we cohabited with mortals let only inter-marry.
" I screamed at him, I guess I spoke to our son, so harshly. He must have hurt his feelings and that's the reason he decided to skip his meals." As Annabel spoke tears flowed down her eyes, for she never had wanted to hurt Ethan in any way.
" I have not tried to look into the history of our people, if I had done that I could have had an answer to that question of his."
"My wife is that the reason why you didn't have an appetite to eat your food. You don't have to starve yourself because of that". Alfred spoke in a pleading tone.
" Eva Eva "
Annabel called out a made who was passing by. " Eva, could you please call Nathaniel and Prius for me?" Annabel stated
" yes Alphanaya, "Eva bowed her head and left afterwards.
Shortly, after that Nathaniel and Prius, were standing in front of their  Alpha and Alphanaya. They both bowed their heads in greeting. " His majesty, her majesty."
"My son, Ethan is troubled I think he is disturbed. He skipped his meals and had not come out from his bed chambers this evening. I would like you both to go to him and find out the problem and report to me immediately." Annabel stated.
"Yes, her majesty" They both bowed and left.
After they left, Alfred forced his wife to eat a little food and thereafter he decided to take his wife to bed. He carried her from the hallways and laid her directly on her bed. He played the piano for her, and she slept peacefully. Alfred also slept and hugged his wife tightly
Nathaniel and Prius were indeed very worried when they both heard from Alphanaya Annabel, that their friend didn't have anything for dinner. So they had to carry out the Alphanayas orders without hesitation.
Knock! Knock! Knock!
A knock was heard aside from the door of Ethan's chambers. "Who is it?" Ethan asked abruptly."Warlord It is Nathaniel and Prius," they said in unison.
"You may come in," Ethan said in a soft but audible tone.
Nathaniel and Prius strolled in with smiling faces, they spoke" good evening my warlord and brother" they spoke in unison.
Ethan was marvelled by the term my brother. The way they addressed him made him feel loved and blessed to have them. They were not like Caesar his blood brother that never cared for him.
"What brings you here," Ethan said as he gestured his hands for  them to have their  sit." I know you guys don't visit me at night unless there is a serious issue. Ethan added.
"You are right brother," Nathaniel answered.
"Your mother called us and explained to us that you skipped your meal this evening. So abruptly she asked us to find out if, something is troubling you, And we are to report back to her as well." Prius stated its mission.
It's nothing serious actually, my other came into the room to ask me to prepare to marry a war- lady soon because I was now of age.
Then a question came into my mind, so I decided to ask my mother, that if werewolves and mortals can inter-marry. She immediately got furious and stood up, she yelled at me which she has never done in a long time. She said that never in the history of werewolves has a werewolf and a mortal female cohabited and not alone talked of inter-marrying before.
"That must be the time I had launch with you. Am I right?. Nathaniel added.
"Yes my brother, you are right" Ethan added.
"I can't tell what prompted you to ask your mother that question. You have never fallen in love before now. You only satisfy your sexual desires with the concubines that are been brought to you. Do you have anyone in mind to get married to?." Prius answered Ethan gently and softly.
" By the way, have you thought of seeing the seer as I advised! Nathaniel added.
"Yes, I have agreed to that, Ambrose likes attending to the visitor seriously when the visitor comes in the night. We live for Ambrose cave this night. That is if the arrangement is ok with you guys."
"And that reminds me, tell my mother that nothing is bothering me. I am fine, I just decided to rest my body. That there is nothing for her to worry about". Ethan added.