Beast (Pick/Rome)

Author's note: continuation from Pick/Rome vet story.

This man, Pick. Rome didn't know why he let him see his pain. He let this stranger lead him to his car, driving him back to his flat. Bibii was in his care too, and he strangely felt safe with him. Rome focused on the road and his reflection in the window, observing his red puffy eyes and bruised face. The beast he used to call his boyfriend did a number on him. He hissed as his fingers traced a purple bruise. 

"Are you alright?" Pick asked worriedly. Rome nodded.

"Don't touch that bruise. It will  get worse." Pick warned him. The car pulled into the parking lot in front of Rome's building. 

"Thank you," Rome whispered, chewing on his lower lip. He was hesitating to step out of the car, being afraid his ex could be wandering around the condo. 

"Can I walk you to your apartment?" Pick asked, sensing Rome's discomfort. 

"Yes, please." Rome blurts. They get out of the car and walked slowly to the nearest entrance. It was nice to have someone to be there for you. Rome was enjoying Pick's company despite the pain he was in. They come out from around the corner when Rome spotted a person standing in front of the building's door. He halted abruptly, his eyes unfocused and body trembling. Pick stopped too, glancing the way Rome was looking. 

"Rome!" The man shouted, making him flinch.

"Where have you been?! I was waiting for you." The man runs towards them. Rome was frightened. The second the other male reach them, Pick stepped forward, shielding him.  

"Not your business," Pick growled and Rome was glad, he let this kind veterinarian take him home. Maybe he would be lucky for once in his miserable life.