Library... (Date?) | 2

-This is a continuation of the previous chapter.
-The students are around 14-15 y.o.

_______________

"Anya!!" The voice of Becky gets louder as Anya would be walking through the corridor.

Anya pauses and turns around. "Oh, Beck! - Oof!" They bump into each other.

Anya was pushed back and got dizzy, as she holds her nose that got hit. Becky giggles, while Anya did the same.

"Sorry about that! I should've been paying attention." Becky gave Anya a big pat on the head.

"It's fine... are you heading to your club meet?" She smiles after seeing her friend alright, still while caressing her nose because of the pain.

"Mhm!... Are you free after though? Of course you are! Let's go get some crepes before we head home." The black haired girl smiles. "Maybe that'll cheer you up... oh, and let's request them to add some peanuts!"

Anya spaces out for a second, while her eyes lit up of the thought of eating pastries with her favorite topping. Though upon realization, she turns her head left and right to erase that cloud of thought.

"I'm really sorry Becks..." Anya grabs Becky's hands. "I promise, we'll get crepes together another day! I have a really important meetup to attend to today."

"Oh?"

"Sy-on insisted on tutoring me this afternoon in the library, to help with the midterms." Anya takes out a book.

Her friend gives her a disappointed look. "I get you're trying to be funny, Anya. But your jokes are sort of.. off." She looks at Anya in disbelief.

"What do you mean, joking?" Anya closes her locker. "I'm serious!" She pouts.

Anya wasn't really the best at making jokes. Usually, she would be unintentionally funny by accident and she wouldn't notice why other people would be cracking up when she does so.

"Wait...Sy-on, as in- the egoistic brat?" Becky's eyes widened while applying lip balm in front of her Locker's mirror.

Anya nods. Becky very slowly turns her head to Anya, it almost creeped her out.

"Oh...my...Gosh. Oh my Gosh!" Becky stands there in shock, then grips Anya's shoulders. "Anya Forger. Do you have ANY idea what this means?!"

"Mhm!" Anya looks at Becky and smiles widely. "I'll finally get top class marks! Well- assuming Sy-on is a good teacher...it's my last hope." She clenches her fist with determination on her face.

And with that, I'll still be able to catch up with Damian's class, and not let Papa down!

"Ugh. No, silly!" Becky sighs.

Going in her head was a scene in one of her favorite romance novels. A romantic library date between two highschoolers, reading next to each and shyly glancing at one another while trying not to get the other to notice. It made the girl squeal.

Anya, reading this, slightly confused at the sight as to why Becky was making it such a big deal. Anya knew little of the romance genre.

"Whatever. Now... go on, my dear Anya. Open up your heart to the one you desire, and uh- the one who desires you!"

"I'll get going now, haha.." Anya slowly walks away. She cringes in disbelief of what Becky said.

__________

Oh, there he is! Anya strolls through the large shelves of the grand library. There she meets Damian, who's been waiting for her near the front desk whilst holding a few books of his on his arm.