| The Way Home |

A/N : The characters are about 15-16 years old!

____________

4pm

The ring of the school bells grab everyone's attention as the teacher dismisses the students in the classroom before walking out. It was everyone's favorite hour of the day, heading home for that good old rest.

Anya stretches her arms up and slightly leans backwards. "Uahh~ I'm exhausted, " She groans. "I barely understand anything about trigonometry... they should just cancel mathematics already."

"Right?! It's such a pain that people think I'd look at a mountain and wonder what the heck it's measurements are." Becky rants while shoving her book into her bag.

"The only time I'd use maths in my life is for counting and making sure if there's enough peanuts in my bag to supply me for the day."

Her friend bursts out laughing, agreeing with her.

"Hey shrimp, do you have a sec?" Damian taps her shoulder from behind. Anya looks at him with a lazy look, her shoulders slumped. "it's about the music project, now come here." He adds before walking away.

"Just go talk to the kid before he throws a tantrum..." Becky makes faces into her small makeup hand mirror.

Anya stands up and follows him to the hallway. They went through the stream of students walking past them and stopped by the window right across the classroom.

'Why would Sy-on boy invite me all the way out here just to talk about our music project?' She sighs, leaning against the wall.

"Listen, I need you at the music room later at '5 flat. We need to practice for our performance next week, remember?"

"Can I please get a break, Sy-on..." Anya complains.

The brunette rubs his fingers between his eyes. "I was paired up with you for this project, and I'm not letting your dumb butt drag me down."

"Hey, who are you calling dumb, Anya isn't dumb!" She lightly punches his chest.

"Lazy, too." He chuckles teasing her. 'Shes so cute.'

The girl starts to punch him harder making him make a gagging noise. "Ow ow ow! I'm sorry, geez!"

"You're just as weak as a mouse." Anya grins.

"Shut up, " Sy-on boy glances at the couple of students who were looking at them weirdly. "you're being violent in the hallway."

"Well anyway Sy-on boy, why here?"

"What do you mean why here?"

"Did you need to get me out of the classroom just to tell me this?" She crosses her arms.

"Duh... It's noisy in the classroom. With your attention span, you wouldn't be able to remember a thing I said."

That was a lie. Damian's friends would follow him to the music room, and he wanted to find an excuse so him and Anya could practice together alone.

"Alright then, later at 5pm. Me and Becky will be hanging around at the cafeteria before I go meet you."

"Sure, see you there loser." He ruffles her hair.

*****

6:30 pm
The music room

"You went off-note again Sy-on boy." Anya lets her fingers off the piano and crosses her arms, looking at him behind her.

Damian adjusts the violin on his neck, his other arm with the bow on the side. "I know, I know... but at least I made progress."

Both of them were really dedicated on finishing this piano-violin duet. For one, Damian wants to get a good grade in their music class. While Anya uses their practice time as an advrantage to get closer to Damian Desmond for operation strix.