Game of Chess | 1

Hi!! The students would be around middle school, but it's up to you to interpret it into what ages you'd like them to be <3

Damian, Anya and the rest of the characters have pretty much grown to be closer friends compared to when they were in 1st grade.

Enjoy!

___________________

"Anya Forger... I have feelings for her. Yeah, I like her. Are you happy now?!"

Damian groans and covers his face with his palms, looking up at the dorm's ceiling in frustration. He had finally admitted it. After all, he couldn't possibly keep denying it forever.

Emile and Ewen, his good friends, silently sat on the couch in front of him. They have their arms crossed as if it was an interrogation. They look at each other, then to Damian.

An awkward silence fills up the room for a second until Ewen gave Emile's shoulder a nudge.

Ewen sighs, "Oh- wow! That's... quite the surprise."  he says it as if he wasn't all that surprised.

Meanwhile Emile turns his eyes to another direction, tapping his shoe while whistling. He avoids eye contact with Damian.

"Is that... all you have to say?" Damian takes off his palms from his face and sat upright on his chair, looking at them confused.

"Ah, well.. how should we say this..?" Emile turns his head to look at his friend, scratching the back of his neck.

The two have known he's had feelings for Anya ever since they were little. They know damn well that when the girl becomes the topic of conversation, Damian would get flustered most of the time. Who wouldn't notice? Let alone two of Damian's best friends.

His ears turn red. "Is it that obvious?!"

They both nod slowly.

Damian then leans on his chair with a devastated face, as if someone had just died. He stares at the ceiling. "Calm down, Boss! I'm sure nobody knows about it besides us." They shake his shoulder.

"Yeah! Plus... Anya is an airhead, she can't possibly tell."

Damian leans forward to grab one of the peanuts in a bowl on the table and silently eats it. The room once again went into an awkward silence.

Damn it... what should I do?

"Well are you planning to tell her?"

"Yeah, I wrote her a letter earlier this morning to tell her how I feel."

The two stood up in shock.

"No way, that's huge progress already!"

"Yyyyyeah I kinda tore it up and flushed it."

"Oh." They say in sync before plopping back down on the couch.

Damian groans in frustration. The Scion boy of the Desmond family, given without obstacles his entire life, had been dealing with one of the hardest moments ever. Young love.

His face flushed while frantically waving his arms around as if he was trying to tell a complicated lecture.
"I don't know how I got feelings for that idiot... she's just- I don't know!"

"Boss, calm down."

"He's grown so much. It's like yesterday when you were crying over her punching you." Ewen dramatically sniffs and wipes a fake tear beneath his eye while leaning on Emile's shoulder. "I feel like a proud parent."

"I know, I know dear... " Emile jokingly pretends to cry as well.

Damian looks at them embarrassed. "You're not my parents."