| Plant Sprouts |

"I'm growing Calamondin oranges, way better than your pathetic stuff." Damian takes out a tiny translucent pouch of seeds from his pocket and shows it to Anya, right in front of her face.

"Yeah, losers! You heard him, Cala... cala-what-now?" Emile stutters from behind Damian, forgetting what he just mentioned.

"Those look like peanuts." Anya stares at the pouch, seeing a bit of the seeds inside. She shrugs it off. "Whatever, you still can't convince me that my peanut seeds are better."

The boy points his finger to Anya, then to the pouch, blushing because of being irritated. "Ugh, you're so annoying... these arent peanuts!!"

All of a sudden, the door opens and their biology teacher walks into the room. They rush to their seats and tidy themselves up.

The teacher claps his hands twice, getting everyone's attention. "Alright everyone, let's get to work! Line up and we'll head to the greenhouse outside." He gestures to everyone to head out by pointing to the door. .

The class of Cecil Hall was to take care of a plant throughout it's growth, in where each student is graded on how well they were able to nourish their own individual plant by the end of the month.

This was seen as a competition by a certain pair, though. Damian and Anya collectively agreed that whoever would have a higher grade in the project, would be treated to whatever they want.

___

They arrive at the large greenhouse, which was filled with hundreds of varieties of trees and greens all over the place. The students look around in awe as they walk through the aisle of plants.

"You kinda look like them, Boss!" Ewen chuckles, and so did Emile. "You can camouflage in those leaves with your slightly green hair..."

Damian gives them a death stare. "Oh, shut up."

They stop by a small plant nursery. It had about less than 20 black plastic pots, with a sign in front of it labeled "Cecil Hall". They settled there, and prepared the seeds of choice they individually brought to school.

"Anya, you're growing peanuts. Right?" Becky smiles, approaching Anya from behind.

"Yeah!" She smiles brightly back at her friend, holding her pouch of peanut seeds.

Suddenly, her pouch was snatched away by someone. Her eyes widen. "Miss Forger, I'm afraid you can't grow peanuts here. I thought I had already told you last week that we were only to bring seeds that bear fruit above soil, and legumes like these are not allowed."

She looks in front of her and sees the teacher, holding the pouch and looking at Anya with a serious face.

"B.. but-!" Anya tries to reach out her hand for the seeds on the teacher's palm.

She hears Damian and his group chuckling from the distance.

Becky taps her shoulder. "It's okay, Anya! We can share seeds, I have tons more in my pouch! They're apricot seeds."

Anya was still a bit upset, but Becky made her feel much better about it.

"Thank you, Blackbell." The teacher then claps, grabbing the attention of the students. He orders the students to find their own small bag of soil with their name tagged in front of it, and get started on planting the seeds.

_____

- 3 weeks later

The bell rings throughout the school's speakers, as dozens of students walk out of their classrooms to finally head home for the day.