Chapter Thirty-Six *edited*

SERENA'S POV

The Angel that was next to Claudia crumbles to the ground, dead before he hits the floor. The Elite leader is at a loss for words. Bits of blood and brain and flesh are flecked over one side of her body, as her comrade lies broken on the ground, and Amy stands there smiling like a newlywed. The gun is still poised in her hand.

The armies in the fields didn't see what happened, but they did hear a gunshot. The war instruments sound up again playing a ruckus of out-of-tune death marches, as they yell and scream and rampage with an amplified fanaticism, prepared to fight and die for their cause.

Meanwhile, in the warehouse with the broken wall, the original leading forces stand silent. Claudia is still shocked at Amy's betrayal. The rest of the Elite don't know what to do without command. Most of the people on our side are still upset over what Amy said to Dean, impressed by her brilliant acting skills, and surprised by her impulsive execution.

Claudia shakes her head, regains her composure, and turns to Amy. Smoke is nearly pouring out of her ears.

"You ungrateful little rat!" she screeches at Tinkerbell.

Before Amy can reply, Claudia holds her hands outwards, and mutters something in an intricate language.

A bright blue forcefield eminates from her fingertips and punches straight into Tinkerbell. The red-haired Angel falls to the ground, gasping and clutching her stomach.

"We need to replan our tactics," the Elite leader announces. She sounds brilliantly pissed off.

The Angels disappear. An empty space is left where they stood. The forces outside the door are waiting for the okay signal from their commander, and since they aren't getting one, they grow increasingly louder. Perhaps their strategy is to scare us out of fighting by proving how brutal they are. Actually, it has the opposite effect.

Dean is the first one at Amy's side.

"Why did you do that?" he asks her gently, holding her broken body against his.

"Because I had to make them believe I was on their side," she smiles as brightly as ever.

"And what if they killed you?"

"You appear to have survived without me."

Dean shuts his eyes and hugs her tightly.

"Don't you ever do something as stupid as that again," he says.

"How bad are your wounds?" Dad asks.

Amy pries herself out of Dean's grip, looking down at a growing bloodstain on her shirt. She pulls the fabric up and reveals a yellowish scar slowly oozing the crimson liquid.

She averts her eyes immediately. "It's nothing. An old scar just reopened, that's all."

"That's all?" Dean scoffs.

"Let me see it," Zephira insists. She pushes through the crowd of people and sits down next to her best friend.

"Hey, Z," Amy greets her.

The Wiccan grimaces in reply.

"Now, I'm not allowed to do this," she says as she grits her teeth, waving her hands over Amy's scar. "But the Council is going to have to forgive me for upsetting nature's balance just this once."

Zephira mutters ancient phrases under her breath. It's a language I don't recognize, something like a cross between Latin and Old English. Soon, blood from around the wound starts to evaporate, leaving only a memory behind.

"The physical wound is going to take longer," she explains.

"That's fine," Dean nods at her. He lifts his head, locking eyes with my father. "We'll stay here, for as long as it takes."