Chapter 11

Kanjō always thought that Kyoujuro acted like a domesticated dog.

He would beam at the slightest of praise and follow her around even when she wasn't training him.

'If I threw a stick and told him to fetch it.....'

"Kanjō-san," He addressed as she deflected another one of his strikes. "Is something bothering you?"

"No, this Kanjō is just lost in thought."

"May I ask why?"

She stared, unamused. "Perhaps instead of focusing on this Kanjō's thoughts, you should pay attention to your form. It's wavering again."

Unbeknownst to Kyoujuro, his childhood companion and disciple had arrived. Since he was distracted by landing a hit on Kanjō, the calls of his name fell on deaf ears, leading to Senjuro to greet them instead.

"Greetings to the Serpent and Love Hashira. What brings you both to the Rengoku estate?"

"No need to be so formal, Senjuro!" Kanroji exclaimed. "We're just checking in on Rengoku-san and Kanjō-sama."

Obanai mumbles. "Kanroji, their father is also a Rengoku."

"Oh...um.....by Rengoku I mean your brother. I'm sorry for the confusion."

"Not at all. Though my brother is currently training with Kanjō-san, so he may have to make you wait."

Obanai grimaced at her name.

As Senjuro led the two to the engawa where Kanjō trained Kyojuro, the sound of blades clashing and the grunt from somebody who's been sent to the ground grew louder as they approached.

"You lack the aggression that flames hold! Do not think of this Kanjō as anything besides demon!!"

"HAI!!!"

"Focus on the desire to end Kibutsuji Muzan," They hear her exclaim. "He who has murdered thousands, he who turned innocents to man eating monsters...he who has ruined the lives of many others!"

Kanjō, her voice calm and even, had a fury blazing in her eyes.

"Believe that he must die at any cost."

Obanai and Mitsuri watch as the two clash blades, Kyojuro seemingly sluggish compared to the blinding white streak that was the yokai. She far surpassed them in speed.

"Kanjō-san, I apologize for interrupting the spar. Two guests have arrived." Senjuro speaks softly.

In an instant, the fighting stops as Kanjō deflects a stray blow that Kyojuro's momentum carries him into, the flamed haired man panting as he drops to the ground. She walks over to greet the Hashira without so much as a single speck of dust on her.

It doesn't even look like she tried.

"Greetings, though this Kanjō hopes you can forgive such an unruly appearance."

Unruly? Where?

"Don't worry, Kanjō-sama! You look perfectly charming."

"No one cares."

"Obanai-san! Don't treat Oyakata-sama's guest like that."

"..." He scoffs. "Greetings."

__________________________

"A small, green creature that came to deliver a letter and package from this Kanjō's older brother? There was one, if you must know."

"What did he say." Obanai demanded.

"Insolent man, does this situation not remind you of our first meeting?"

.

"̴̗͕̖̥̈̿͗Ẃ̷̱̎ọ̴̺̫̞̎u̷̼̜̗͔̇̊l̵̠͕̱̀͜d̵͍̻̰͗́ ̵̹̳͕͌̂̓y̴̯͎̏ǫ̷̼͇̀̆̾̅ù̸͚̺̪̟̎ ̵̹̣̉g̶͖̠̻̋̍̆̔ę̷̦͖̋̀͝t̴̢̨̥̪̍̚ ̵̯̘͇̈́͊̈́͘ḭ̶̳̈́n̴̙̋ ̷͉̓̓́̒ṃ̸̨̭͎̎̋ỳ̶͍̻ ̵͚̎̿w̸͍̒̌͝ä̶͇͓ỳ̸̫̋̊ ̶̢̹́͘ȋ̶̪̖͋̄f̷͍̩̀ ̷̟̙̀i̶̤͔̪̽̇̉ţ̴̳̤͚͋̋̄ ̸͈͔̞̎̀m̵̧̜̹̮̓̌e̶̖͙͗͗a̷̯̘̐̒ǹ̵̙̮̐̊ẗ̵̥́̇̽ ̶͓̀́̉̉d̶̢̹̳̝̎̐̀̃y̸̼̰̔ȋ̵̡̘̖͙n̶̘͉̚͝g̸͇̲̜̮̒͛͌ ̷̨̰̘̍l̶̠̊̑̚í̴̲̪̱̈́̈k̸͎͊̆̂͘͜e̸͔͋ ̷̢͓͇̪͒̅t̶̞̮̳͇͋͠h̶̳͇͇̑̉͠ỉ̴̲͖̦̅͘ŝ̶͕͉̒͛͌ ̶̢̏t̵͔̥̞̠͐̃̐h̷̢̖̜̖̾i̸̖̜̗͑̔̎n̴̨̾̒̓̋ĝ̸̡̞̥͒͗̓ ̶́͌ͅͅt̴̨̯̪̓́͝͝ơ̷̖̠͓̏̃̒ǒ̸̭͊?̸͓͝"̴̦̮̠̖̄͊̆

.

They both stared at each other as though it were life and death.

"This Kanjō does not have to prove herself to anyone," She pulls out the parchment from her sleeve, throwing it at Obanai. "Though this Kanjō shall honor dear Kagaya's kindness."

He reads through the paper fast enough, double checking for any hidden meanings attached to any of the elegant handwriting, but sees nothing suspicious. It is just a letter from brother to sister.

He glares. "What of the package."

"A silken hakama and a heko-obi, from one of the subordinate arachnid yokai. It is known for its toughness. Even such a classless person like you should keep himself from demanding to look at a woman's clothes."

"It seems fit that I consider you a demon who feeds off humans then."

"You dare to-"

"E-EXCUSE ME!!"

Senjuro stands at the doorway, holding a tray with two cups, anxious and teary-eyed at stopping Kanjō and Obanai from fighting. He trembles slightly.

"Kanjō-san has not once eaten a human during her stay, and demons weaken severely without consuming flesh for so long yet her speed and strength have not faltered. Instead, she would gradually train Kyojuro-aniue harshly. She isn't affected by sunlight nor is she crave for food. I haven't seen her eat at all!"

He takes in a deep breath.

"I would like to ask Hashira-sama to see yourself out in return for your discourtesy."

__________________________

{[ Taisho Secrets ]}

Kanjō treats Kagaya's family as her children because one of Miroku's descendents married in a long, long time ago. She is well known by only the Ubuyashiki clan, not the Demon Slayer Corps.

Author's Note:

Recovered from covid recently and got back to updating! :DD