part 22

*Danilos pov*

It was so silent. We came up to a stop light and I turned to look at her, she was passed out. Shit. I pressed on the exceloration, skipping the stop light. I skipped so many lights, went over so many speed limits. Everything was fine untill I heard police sirens behind me. Part of me knew I had to stop. But I couldn't. I had to get her to the hospital. What do I do?! For fucks sake.

I could hear them telling me to pull over on the megaphone. So thats what I did as much as I hated it. Once came up to me and began to talk, "sir you were going 100mph in a 40 zo-" he clearly see's Grace in the back. "Sir I'm going to have to ask you to step out the vehicle." He ordered whike taking a step back.

"Its npt what you think I promise! She's my partner and got shot a few weeks back, her stitches opened and she's lost alot of blood, I'm trying to get her to the hospital! If you come with me to the hospital I can show proof that she got shot a few weeks ago. Just please let me get her to the hospital.." my eyes welled up as I spoke. I just wanted to help her for once.

"Fine, get her in the police car and I'll get you there quicker." The officer spoke. I quickly got out the car and went to the back, lifting Grace up. I sat in the back with her as we sped through the streets. I had 2 fingers on her pulse the whole time. I just wanted her to wake up and tell me everything's going to be okay...

The police man opened the door for me to get her out. I walked Into the hospital and immediately nurses surrounded us. I put Grace on the bed and watched as they rolled her away.

The police officers suddenly spoke, "Whats her doctors name. I'll speak to him." I told them the name before sitting down on one of the chairs with my head in my hands. Please be okay. I need you Grace. Come on.. I thought to how peaceful she looked with her head on my lap in the police car. I need her to be okay..

I sat there for what felt like days, it had only been 2 hours... I watched as Grace's doctor walked out, he began walking towards me and I immediately jumped up. "She's okay Mr Rodriguez.." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Can I see her?" I brang back my usual stern tone to maintain authority. He nodded his head and began leading me to a room where she was sat up on a bed, extremely pale. "Mi amore..you scared me.." I walked over and placed a kiss on her head as she happily sipped on a water she had been given.

"Mr Rodriguez, she has been given a blood supply as you can see and been re-stitched. We will lower her amount of pain killers so that she will feel if she rips them out again. We suggest heavily no sudden movements. Everything else stays the same." The doctor spoke as if Grace wasn't right next to us.

"Do not speak as if she is not right next to us or I'll have you killed." I barked at him. Immediately he apologised and scattered off.

I turned to look at the girl once again and placed another kiss, on her hand. "I want to get married like properly, with a ceremony" She suddenly blurted out taking me by surprise. I sat up properly to look at her and make sure I heard her right. "I'm sorry?" I double checked. She simply nodded her head. "Really?" I couldn't help but cracked a smile which I was trying to hide it.

"Yeah, I've almost died twice in the past month. I want to marry properly you so why not do it now! I love you Danilo. No stupid arguments will change that. No matter how stressed we both are. My love for you will never stop." She squeezed my hand ever so slightly.

"I want to marry you too, however. You need to recover first. So if you can recover fully without giving me another heart attack, then yes. We can get married. But I will be doing a proper proposal, you know that right?" She simply giggled and nodded her head.

_____________________
*Grace's pov*

"Oi one of you imbeciles! Get in here!"

A single gaurd ran into Danilo and I's room. "Yes ma'am?" The young boy responded.

"Its Grace. Never call me Ma'am. But can you go get Danilo for me please.." I had barely finnished my sentence before he left again. 3 seconds later Danilo walked in the door. "Mi amore, what do you need? I'm in a highly important meeting, obviously you come first but I can't loose this deal so is it urgent." He always spoke with a softer tone when speaking to keep compared to everyone else.

"I need help going to the toilet.. unless you want one of your men to help me?" I smiled innocently knowing he would need to help now I reminded him of the other options. The boy walked over and lifted me up, taking me to the bathroom and helping me get my bottom layers off.

He carried me back in once I had finnished up. I was able to walk now, however Mr protective over here doesn't let me in fear I'll hurt myself. He placed me back down on the bed and raised my T-shirt so he could check my bandage.

"When was it last changed, love?" His eyes traveled up to meet mine. I looked at the large clock on the wall, "about 5 hours ago.." he simply nodded his head and kissed me softly. "I'll be down in an hour to change it."

And with that I was left by myself again. I reached for my laptop under the bed. I had secretly been working and responding to emails the past week. I started typing away in the computer. I was in my own little world. That is untill the door opened. Danilo stood there, I froze immediately.

"Whats that?" He hissed and grabbed the laptop, scrolling through what I had written. "Really?! Your working! You know your not supposed to be working Grace!!! You'll have to come sit with me in my office now." He reached for something in his draw and then shut it. He went to lift me up but I stopped him. "If you want me to heal I have to use my legs. I'll walk." I announced while getting out of bed.

I gripped onto his hand to support myself. If I can prove I'm better he'll stop treating me like this.

I began to walk slowly. It wasn't much but it was enough. I kept going. I reached the stairs and paused for a moment. He went to help me but once again I out my hand out to stop him and took my first step up. It took us a good few minutes to get upstairs and into his office where there was a bunch of men standing round talking.

He sat me down on the sofa at the back of the room and handed me my phone before going back to his desk. All of the men were staring at me. That was untill Danilo cleared his throat.

"What were we talking about again?" He gained all I'd their attention. Accept 1 guy. He was examining my body constantly whenever Danilo looked away.
He toom a step closer to me and when danilo looked away the guy groped my boob. "Danilo!" I yelped making his face shoot up. Immediately he grabbed his gun and shot a bullet through the guys head. Instantly killing him.

"Get out. If you think we'll be doing this deal now your sick in the head." He spat at all the other men, "and dint try and attack because remember, if you were coming to me for help. I am more powerful and more prepared then you." With that they all left. The tears that had built up in my eyes began falling as soon as the door shut.

"I'm so sorry darling." He whispered while moving me away from the body. "Come here..." I wrapped my arms around his chest. Sobbing profusely. "Its okay, deep breath. Your alright now. I'll never let it happen again." He comforted me over and over again.

Before I knew it I was being lifted from the ground, naturally I wrapped ny legs round his waist and buried my face into his neck. He carried me down to the bedroom and lay in the bed with me. "I want to go back to working... not so much the mafia though. I want a month at the bakery with only occasional visits to the mafia to make sure everything is okay.. I won't get hurt. I promise. Can I go?"

He stayed silent, examining every part of my face. "Only on weekends. And only at the bakery. I'll keep an eye on your mafia if thats what your worried about." He let out a sigh while speaking making it clear he still didn't want me working.

"Danilo, how comes we haven't conjoined our mafias yet?" I suddenly blurted out taking him ny surprise. "I assumed you didn't want too I guess... but if you do I'm fine with it. I mean.. we are getting married soon.." he shrugged his shoulders.

"I think we should.." I gave him a small smile.