twenty five: theories & thinking points

oct. 31, 1993

siya separated two braids in the front of her face before pulling the rest into a high ponytail. she made her mind up to take them down soon. her best friend had convinced her to come to a halloween frat party - with the small population of black and brown students on campus. celine was avoiding clif - for whatever reason - so she decided against inviting her own boyfriend. plus, she wanted to step out with her friend like when they first came to the big city.

her and nas weren't in the best spot either. he was amazing - too amazing actually. she couldn't help being jealous; this was all so new to her. of course, she shouldn't worried about other women. other girls didn't deserve him. she knew nas really liked her, but other women didn't. she seen the stares. he didn't even have to call her out on it again. she was trying to work on it. put it all together.

despite foxy's half serious apology siya felt a intense sense of disconnect. she gave the darkskin beauty a sharp nod letting her know she heard her loud and clear with a lopsided smile. the female mc made her exit and it seemed like nasir relaxed in his chair near the soundboard. her paranoia only lead her to believe foxy knew their big 'secret' too. the texas native had no idea how much longer she could handle
being on the outs.

she was becoming suspicious of him and his friend honestly. maybe their honeymoon phase was over and now they were just like every other couple. she just felt like a big piece of some puzzle was missing; she didn't even know what she was putting together.

"ready?" celine asked after spraying herself with perfume. in return she nodded retrieving her crossbody bag.

the duo were pretty cool with the girls who were throwing the party. they made their way over early to pre-game with the good tequila. siya chewed away on some pizza after stacking the rows of cups and filling the sink with ice for the variety of bevages both alcoholic and nonalcoholic. julian walked in, celine spotted him first as they adjusted the bottles of beers and other beverages in the large sink.

"your friend is here" celine said wiping her hands off - her eyes finding him among the small group of people that had came so far.

siya followed the direction of her friend's glaze and nodded nonchalantly.

"oh julian. did you know his daddy owns that place me and nas go to?" siya replied pouring them both a shot and sliding it over.

"that was our place first y'know" celine reminded as they tapped the small cups together and downed the substance.

"yeah and so was the lounge" siya groaned. they shared a knowing look before pouring another shot.

"guys come in your life and switch shit up" celine stated before they threw those back too.

siya nodded than handed a bag over to her friend. they began pouring chips in their bowls getting comfortable in the kitchen before the party really got started.

"i think i have to tell him... about what you told me" siya blurted and her friend looked over at her in shocked.

"i won't just come out and say it. he's been acting so perfect. like his scared i'll break" she explained looking down at the bowl of snacks in her hands.

"well, that's a very mature conversation to have. you don't know for sure-" celine started but siya huffed than looked up at her.

"either way. he's hiding something. i need to know what's up" siya declared as a few people came in interrupting their conversation.

some time later ashley - one of the lovely hostess - had put on music after ordering them all in the sitting area of the big hall.

"ok" evie - ashley's co-hostess - clapped her hands once the small group gathered and sat like they were instructed.