five ↬ cloud 51

siya's curls bounced as she erupted with laughter.

"what's so funny?" nas deadpanned across from her. they were at a park table with comic books surrounding them. siya had a few blank pictures that she wanted them to color together.

"can you at least try to stay in the lines?" she looked over at his picture and snorted.

"i don't have to if i don't want to. i mean, this is my picture to color. i can do what i want" nas stuck his tongue out at her.

"mine looks better" she held up her work with a smug smile on her face.

"of course yours is going to be better. you so good at drawing this is kind of your lane" nas spoke in a duh tone.

"yours is just - it has potential" she giggled. he couldn't be offended when she was giggling like that.

"i wish i was good at this stuff like you" he watched as she outlined with marker before coloring with a color pencil.

"you're good at other stuff" she reassured him.

"yeah, like what? you smart-"

"so are you" she chimed as she colored, "plus the way you talk. like you know everything"

he smiled at the awe in her voice. every thing she did was so damn cute and he could never feel sorry for himself with that little voice. she was always cheering him on - being his own cheerleader, shouting his accomplishments.

"i don't know everything" nas countered.

"nobody knows everything, but you know a lot. not just school stuff but real stuff to. you're so smart" she beamed proud of her - friend? who was he really to her. she knew they weren't just some girl and boy when he looked at her so sweetly.

he watched her mouth move probably still boasting about him and smiled too. he didn't mean to stare, but it was so hard not to when she just kept getting pretty in more ways than one. her hair was just past her collarbone in its curly state and he reached over and twirled the ends.

"why'd you stop talking?" he looked up at her through his lashes.

she bit the inside of her cheek before rolling her eyes, "you are so full of yourself. i don't need to make your head any bigger than it is"

"you are so beautiful. even when you roll ya eyes. you know that?" he continued to play with her hair.

"thank you. ya not so bad yourself" she looked down at the color pencil that was rolling towards the ground.

"not so bad? ouch" he placed the hand that was in her hair over his heart. they shared a look before falling into another fit of laughter.

"do you believe in aliens?" she offered before the silence became too much.

"no. they're a myth" nas shrugged.

"are you kidding me? you don't believe in aliens?" she scoffed and he simply shook his head, "i thought all boys believed in aliens and zombies"

"zombies aren't really either. just make good scary movies"

"what about area 51? i mean they have to be hiding something!" she shook her fist in the air for emphasis.

"you think it's aliens and zombies in area 51?" nas' eyes widened at her balled up fist.

"i mean, not zombies for sure" she huffed.

"not zombies for sure" he repeated.

"so you think we're the only thing in this whole universe?" she began to color again.

"i never really thought about it, but if i had to say so" he rubbed over his waves confused by the choice of topic.

"i don't think so. it has to be something bigger than us" siya pushed the hair that feel in her face away.

"and if there isn't then what?" he countered.

"then what's the point of this big old universe just to have some shitty humans and some helpless animals?" she challenged.

he looked at her in shock scribbling on his own paper, "i didn't know you were so into aliens"

"word?" she mimicked his accent, "than you don't know ya girl at all"

"so no kiss?" he asked for probably the millionth time half jokingly.

"ask me again on your birthday" she looked up at him just to wink and once again her color pencil was moving.

this was short and stupid and i- look i'm done making excuse and writing at the end of chapters cause i just ramble *cuts to regularly scheduled program* 🌪 hopefully y'all enjoy the updates or don't at this point i don't care cause nobody validates my bullshit writing anywa- *loud feedback*