seven ↬ see ya later lover

nas analyzed her beautiful face like he did the very first time all those years ago. he watched the emotions shift, but gave her this moment.

"you'll be in new york?" he gawked unintentionally.

"in less than a week" she shrugged stealing glances at him between every stroke of her pencil.

"i can't just let that slide" he attempted to look at what she was sketching, but she adjusted her position.

"it was supposed to be a surprise" she nibbles on her bottom lip determination written across her forehead.

nas huffed defeated as his thoughts consumed him. she continued to draw not realizing just like every time he was trying to memorize her face.

no one was sure when the dreams would stop forever. wouldn't they stop if they met even? if it was just for a moment? that thought alone terrified him. siya was his escape from this dark world. what were dreams that didn't involve his girl?

"you okay?" she placed her gentle hand over his.

"yeah" he cleared his throat avoiding her gaze.

"don't do that to me" she slammed her booklet closed and pushed her hair over her shoulder. when he finally looked up at her, his brows met in the center of his forehead just studying her. she rolled her eyes at his silence becoming frustrated that he was being so reserved.

"i know you better than you think" she flipped through her booklet and handed it over to him, "so?"

as much as he didn't want to, he looked down at the image she placed in front of him. she drew him so relaxed, something he didn't expect. his eyes gazed over the ease state she portrayed him to be in. he wasn't sure if she even knew he wasn't always this smirking happy boy he appeared to be.

"you know you got skills" he boosted which caused her to shake her head not pleased with his response.

"you know that's not what i meant. do you actually like it?" her curls fell in her face beautifully.

"i look... soft" he shrugged, "not what i expected, but it's nice"

"you are soft - to me" she caressed his knuckles with the pads of her fingers.

"what if the dreams stop?" he blurted as if he was under a spell - her spell.

"that's what's bothering you?" her curls bounced as her eyebrows rose almost to her hairline.

"what if this is it for us?" nas turned his hand over so her palm was against his own.

"you believe that? once i get to new york it's all over?" she scanned his eyes knowing they always held the truth.

"you don't want me. i'm no good" he watched her face contour prepared to argue.

"please don't talk like that. i do want you" she intertwined their fingers.

"you won't. life is different. i'm different outside of this meadow" he mumbled.

"well i know you were made for me. the dreams wouldn't have started in the first place if we weren't meant to be" she stated simply.

"what if we aren't meant to be? what if were supposed to just be friends" the doubt was heavy in his tone it made her chest cave.

"friends don't do this" she leaned over the table and kissed him with all the passion she could muster.

he'd been begging for this kiss for a while. it was even better than he thought. her lips made any doubt fade. when she came up for her air they both smiled goofily.

"the dreams-" he started, but she shushed him.

"if the dreams stop that means it's just our time to be together. outside of this meadow" she took his hand in hers again guiding him to the flowery grounds.

"promise you'll feel the same" he almost begged.

"only if you will too"

"what if..." he pondered for a moment but simply shook his head.

"if..? if what?" she titled her head in confusion.

"meet me in front of speciality coffee when the sun looks the most beautiful" he searched her face for even an ounce of protest.

"ok" she whispered simply with a charming grin.

as he admired her honey skin he nodded. those deep brown eyes made the end of the world seem bearable. she leaned over and stole another kiss, but when it was over so was his dream.

he gasped out of breath in his bed before looking over at his alarm clock. he stared up at his ceiling half asleep and confused before he turned to his notepad flipping through for some blank space.

i know it's short and it's been forever, but i've been so in my head about just leaving my baby unfinished. i've put some much into this book and it's really not that deep but i'm always overdoing my part- anyways thank you to the people who haven't abandoned this book ☀️💗seriously it actually motivated me to get out of my funk. again thank you so so so much. 💕