twenty-six: eerie epiphany

nov. 05, 1993

nas yawned adjusting in his seat as the lesson dragged on. he wasn't too sure what class he was even in anymore. between all the homework, working on music, booking gigs, and - on occasion - selling to the student body the new york native was drained. he had probably only spent 20 minutes with his girlfriend since the night of halloween. since the night she admitted she wanted to get physical with him.

books snapped shut and bags being zipped jolted him out of his seat. in mere seconds he was on his feet collecting his items too. he had no idea how he was maintaining so well - he hardly put effort into his work while he was in high school. he smirked to himself when siya came to mind. she made him want to be better so he simply was. plus, mrs. carter still checked in from time to time with words of encouragement. she was adjusting to marriage pretty well so of course the calls weren't as frequent. his own mother barely had enough time to herself to pick up a phone and call, but he still knew she loved him. he tried to push away the dark thoughts just praying his younger brother wasn't adding onto her already long list of shit to deal with.

nas adjusted his skully that sat on his head waiting outside the building that held his beautiful girlfriend. he was in desperate need of a shape up not trusting anyone outside of his hood with a set of clippers thankfully it was getting cold so he could hide away under his hoodies or caps. even if they didn't hang out he still made sure to walk her to class or back to her dorm at least twice a day. siya's curls bounced with her as she jogged down the concrete steps to meet him placing her hand in his. he kissed it sweetly greeting her with a loop sided smile. he was supposed to help her take her braids down, but she jokingly stated she didn't trust him with scissors.

"hey how ya doin?" nas looked over at her as he spoke than forward navigating them through groups of people.

"i'm alright. you okay?" siya tilted his head as they waited at a crosswalk taking him all in.

"just tired is all" he stated then they walked across right in front of the little diner. nas nodded at julian through the window as siya waved.

"you need your rest it's very important. want to nap with me? we can do our homework together afterwards" she looked up at him innocently. there was no way he could turn down her offer when she flashed her dimples paired with those doe eyes.

"sounds good to me" nas agreed causing her dimples to deepened.

they arrived to her dorm in no time. it was warm and clean like always. nas pulled her on top of him once she was done peeling her coat off. he moved her legs towards him causing her to squeal undoing the laces to her shoes then drop them off on the side of the bed.

"i can take my own shoes off" the southern girl sassed. she folded her arms across his stomach laying on them as he pulled her throw blanket back.

"you were taking too long" he shrugged his eyes already closed. just being in her presence made him feel comfortable.

instead of picking a fight she tucked her hair behind her ears mentally rolling her eyes for not retrieving her scarf to protect her hair. in minutes he was out cold one hand in the center of her small back and the other on her backside. the sound of him taking a breath and blowing it out soothed her so she followed suit and got a few zs too.

even though she attempted to be quiet when she arrived celine managed to wake her roommate. siya rolled slightly rubbing her eyes than looked over at her friend. celine cussed under her breath giving an apologetic look as she stuffed her bag for dance class. in return siya waved her off sliding off the bed and retrieved her bag. she pulled out her binder to get started on homework, her art booklet falling out with it. she stared at it for a moment half awake and intrigued. she couldn't think of the last time she'd used it or even thought about using it.