nine ↬ big brother hustler

siya glared at the apologetic brown boy clearly upset with him.

"you stood me up" she scoffed as he stared at the tall blades of grass.

"i know and i'm sorry" he still didn't look at her.

the way he's gazed was far past the shallow distance made siya placed her hand in his.

"hey. you okay?" she rubbed the pad of her thumb against his knuckle.

he looked at their hands joined together feeling more at ease from the small gesture of her soft skin ghosting against his. her honey voice was sincere and warm eyes made everything seem like they were okay. he'd watch the world crumple if that small hand was in his while it fell apart. what was his life without siya.

"clif found a spot - booked us 2 shows in manhattan" he placed his free hand under her chin.

"congratulations nas, that's amazing! that's why you blew me off?! i totally understand-" she rambled with a beaming smile as he placed slow kisses along her naked wrist and manicured hand.

"you won't be back until fall" he eyed her wrist, "where's the little bracelet you wear?"

"yeah, but you're making moves. i told you; you're up next." she placed a kiss on his temple.

"i wanted to see you" he stated simply and watched for her reaction.

"you'll see me. you're seeing me now" he looked down at her and rolled his eyes.

"i thought i was gonna be in the dog house or sum' type of attitude" nas teased grateful for their closeness.

"i don't want to block your blessed" she confessed, "i see you. i'm proud"

she did see him. under her gaze he felt naked.

"thank you" he kissed her forehead before getting lost in her eyes, "how'd you like the city-er- what you saw of it at least?"

at that she was beaming again.

"it has that fast paced energy the country doesn't have. it's real" she was smiling and talking about his home. something he took pride in.

"campus was nice. the experience of freedom i look forward to.. i think i found my roommate. we were roommates than, but, i don't know, we connect. i was talking about my art and she was talking about her craft. she'll be somebody i know beside you-" she stopped aware of her rambling and really not wanting to.

"why'd you stop talking?" he laughed.

"i'm not trying to make your head any bigger than it already is" she teased.

"i'm sorry" he apologized again and disappointment washed over him again.

"i forgive you" her eyes went from the notepad he'd been fumbling with than at that scowl.

nas was feeling terrible about his brother getting caught up in some gambling with his friends. he got suspended from school getting caught red handed. as a big brother he didn't want to admit he was caught up in his own shit, he didn't need jungle in his shadow picking up any bad habits.

"jungle got into some shit" he blurted, "i was gonna sit in that shop and tell you all my good news; i have to look out for him"

"is he ok?" he was melting at how caring she sounded like she knew him personally outside of the stuff he told her.

"yeah. i just want better from him" he mumbled into her shirt as she caressed his waves.

"he looks up to you i'm sure. don't try to be his parent, but a brother" she suggested.

"i don't want him to be like me."

"show him to be better"

"you right ma" nas kissed her sweetly.

"when aren't i?" she breathed against his lips.

"i guess i'll see you in august" he bit his bottom lip admiring her pearl whites. she was literally the woman of his dreams. he'd have to put finding love on the back burner after the grind. graduation was around the corner, and the boys were tapping into the underground sound. siya knew he wasn't some innocent boy; she loved him despite where he came from. music brought him some freedoms that she understood with her sketches. her being so supportive of his hustle blew his mind, but he vowed he'd make it up to his queen when he hit.

"i'll be counting down the days my love" he cooed between kisses along the side of her face.

"you working on something?" she giggled as his kisses had turned into a small nibble.

"yeah" he bite her again.

"n-no i mean this page is chicken scratch" siya nudged him, "more doodles than bars"

"yeah it's worse than you think" he took his notepad and flipped through it, "how your art been?"

"i sold pieces" she flipped a page over and doodled something of her own.

"lil hustler" his accent enticing and raspy.

"i'm just a reflection of you lil daddy" she cocked a brow as the pencil danced in her hand.

"run that by me again ma?" his usual scowl taunting her.

"it's something i picked up" she shrugged.

"word? what else you 'pick up' lil mama" he lifted her chin. she thought about it for a second before she laughed , "what's so funny?"

she put on a straight face and with her best new york accent she said "copy"

he looked at her amused that she'd been so spot on saying it. plus for some reason it tickled her so much that she hiccuped and that made them both laugh.

"how long you been working on that?" he teased.

"y'all say it all the time. i heard it as soon as we landed" she laughed.

"y'all" he mimicked her own accent. she rolled her eyes and rolled her neck.

"i'm a southern bell" her texas accent paired beautifully with her voice. it was so sweet with a little raspy undertone, like she'd just rolled over.

"say that again" he teased before her honey lips found his again.

a/n thank you lovely people who have contributed to 3k reads 💕 i hope y'all are still enjoying this sksks k bye ty again 🐒💕