Chapter 4: Lotad and Berries. Rustboro Contest! Wurmple?

Today the gang were having a swim in a lake for relaxation. Growlithe was staying on land, as he was a fire type.

Max's newest Pokémon, a Poochyena, was sitting next to Growlithe.

Max befriended Poochyena when he found it hurt in Rinshin Town, and he took it to the Pokémon Centre for treatment

After being treated Poochyena didn't want to leave Max, so Max happily caught it.

So now the gang decided to take it easy for a while.

Just then lots of lily pads were floating towards the group.

"What is this?" May asked nervously.

There was nothing to panic about though, it was a horde of Lotad.

Lotad were water and grass type Pokémon and they had lily pads on their heads.

"This lake is probably the Lotad's home," Brock said, "so let's get out so to not disturb them any more."

The others agreed.

Lotad, the Water Weed Pokémon.
It looks like an aquatic plant and serves as a ferry to Pokémon that can't swim.

The Lotad shot water gun into the air.

"All those Lotad have the egg move water gun." Tomo said.

At that moment a girl, with magenta hair turned up, "Excuse me, but is anything wrong?" she said, "I saw the Lotad doing water gun attack."

"Oh no, nothing's wrong," Winter answered, "we were just relaxing here and we realised that Lotad lived here."

"Oh I see," said the girl, "well you should come to my sister's flower shop. You can get plenty of relaxation there."

The girl, known as Natalie, introduced the gang to her two older sisters Nicole and Rita.

"It's nice to meet all of you," Nicole said, "and you are welcome to relax here."

"I take it you grow a lot of flowers here right?" May asked.

"Yes and we also grow berries here too," Rita said, "come we'll show you."

In the garden, outside the shop, there were indeed a lot of flowers and berries.

Winter and Tomo thought it look like their mum's garden.

"I hear that these berries are good for humans and Pokémon, right?" Winter said.

"That's correct," Nicole said, "and these berries also have effects with Pokémon. An oran berry for example helps restore a Pokémon's energy and a pecha berry heals a Pokémon from being poisoned."

An oran berry was a blue berry and the pecha berry was light pink and peach coloured.

"Do you sell any books about all kinds of berries?" Winter asked, "I'd like to know about all the kinds of berries there are."

"Yeah me too." Brock said.

"Actually we do," Rita said, "but before we show our books to you, would you mind giving us some help with watering our garden?"

Rita explained that their pipes for watering the garden needed replacing and so they needed help with watering the garden.

The gang agreed to help at once.

Just then the horde of Lotad from the lake appeared in the garden.

"What are the Lotad doing here?" May asked.