Chapter 6: Granite Cave! Fishing?! The Mudkip Marash!

Thanks to Mr Briney, the gang had arrived to Dewford Island and they had a good night's sleep at the Pokémon Centre.

Now it was daytime and the gang started to think on what to do now. Winter was looking up Dewford Gym on her Xtransceiver and saw that the gym leader used fighting type Pokémon.

"Are you going to use Taillow and Ralts?" Tomo asked, who knew that flying and psychic beat fighting type.

"Yes I will," Winter said, "but Ralts need's more training and practicing first."

"Okay." Tomo said.

Just then Brock told the others where he wanted to go, he wanted to go to a cave called Granite Cave that was located on Dewford Island.

"The guide says that Nosepass can be found there," Brock explained, "and I want one for myself."

The gang understood that, especially since Nosepass is a rock type Pokémon.

"Why don't we all go there?" Winter said, "we all might find a Pokémon we want to capture there."

"Yeah let's do that." Max said excitedly.

"And Mr Briney told us that his son Steven will probably be there, so I give this the good opportunity to meet him." May said.

"You know," Winter said, "I just found out from Dexter that Steven is also a Pokémon Champion of Hoenn."

"Really? Then we have to go and meet Steven." Max said.

So the gang agreed to go to Granite Cave.

Granite Cave was located far away from the town of Dewford Island and it was one big cave.

"Since this cave is so huge, how we will find our way through it and back?" May said, "I mean we will get lost in there."

"Don't worry," Brock said, "I have a solution to that."

Brock took out a packet of big stickers from his back pack, "These stickers are markers," he said, "and they glow in the dark so if we get lost we just follow the markers."

"That's smart." Max said.

The gang also got out their flash lights to see because it was dark in the Granite Cave.

"Let's go." Winter said and the gang went into the cave.

What the gang didn't know was that trouble was lurking about in the Granite Cave.

Jessie, James and Meowth were in the cave, searching for Pokémon.

"I wonder what Pokémon are lurking about in this cave." Meowth said.

"Just as long as they're strong Pokémon, it doesn't matter." Jessie said.

"We better be careful though," James said, "remember when we went into the rock tunnel back in Kanto? The Pokémon in there kept on stampeding at us."

"Yeah but you don't need to worry about that now, my Granbull will handle the stampede's with her roar attack." Jessie said.

"That's right," Meowth said, "roar has the ability to frighten Pokémon away, I've seen it before."

"Good to know." James replied.

The gang had now walked a long, long way from the entrance of the cave.

"I'm glad you're putting up markers Brock," Winter said, "this cave is like a maze."

"I agree with all the twists and turns," Brock said, "and if Steven Stone is in here, well trying to find him won't be easy."