Friends and Family

Next Day....

"You are looking at the most beautiful cheerleader in school" Betty said making an entrance. "They already put the names up?!" Cheryl screamed. "Yes. And guess who also made the team" "Who?" Cheryl is more excited than me. "The three of us made it to the team!" At this point they were jumping and laughing. "Why aren't you excited?" Adam asked only for me to hear. "This isn't really my thing". "If you say so, but I know you gonna be the best one". I tried to hide my blush but it was impossible. "No. Don't hide I love to see you blush" I'm lucky to call him my boyfriend.

After school...

"Hi kids" mom said. "Hey Mrs. Kennedy you look amazing". "I guess it's the glow" mom said proudly. "Makeup?" Adam asks. "Adriana why didn't you tell him?" "Tell me what?" Adam asked clearly confused. " I forgot" I retorted.

"Adam honey, I'm pregnant" Adam's eyes went wide. "Oh my god congrats" Adam went to hug mom but stepped back. " I don't wanna hurt the baby" mom laughed at the sudden tone of worry in his voice and hugged him "don't change Adam. Your a good kid". Moments like this remind me that I've never seen Adam's parents. I sneaked out of the room looking for Clint. I found him by the door talking to another agent, they stopped and regained posture when they saw me. "Sorry to interrupt" neither speaks. "Clint" I say "yes miss Kennedy?" I chuckled "may I talk to you. Alone?". He followed me in to the hall. "Where are Adam's parents?".
"My brother raised Adam at a small town in Kentucky. He never wanted kids, when his mother Jeni found out she was pregnant she called me in fear of what he might do if he found out. Few days later he hit her and told me once the baby is born he'll live with me" he paused looking out the window. "He changed and promised Jeni and the family he will be there for him but as soon as Adam turned 10, Jeni also had some type of hate towards him. She was so focused on keeping my brother on her life that everything he said she agreed. And poor Adam was left in the middle".

"He never told me" I'm not saying that he should but I could've helped him. "Adam is a strange boy, he doesn't open up easily. When we came to Washington everything clicked for him. Then he met a wonderful girl". Clint and I kept talking about Adam. I can't stop thinking of his parents.

"Miss Kennedy you have lunch with the family today" Clint reminded me ruffling my hair. "Hey not the hair" He laughed and accompanied us to the door. Dad was already sitting at the table with my siblings.

Everyone started to eat. Dad asked Caroline then John about their school days. "Adriana, How was school?". I wiped my mouth "Good. Got an A on a history test. And I'm officially a cheerleader".

"Really?!" Mom jumped on her seat "My baby is a cheerleader". Yep. "Why aren't you happy about it?"

"My friends want me on the team but I don't really know if it's my thing"

"I say you do it Kiddo, have fun. Enjoy high school." Dad said sipping on his water. "You are almost 15 and want to spend time in the office learning about politics".

My dad was about to speak again but the phone rang. "Excuse me sir. It's for miss Kennedy" i hate it when they call me Miss Kennedy or by my full name. Feels old to me. I picked up the phone to have Betty and Cheryl screaming in my ear. "Adriana we got tickets for 'The pretty things'.