"You're already home"

Adriana POV

One day we woke up in the middle of the night. Mamá and Papá where in the living room happy but at the same time they looked a little sad. We sat down with our parents and asked them what is happening our dad was the one who told us that he got transferred. We actually were with joy because we've never traveled before but at the same time we'll  leave the rest of our family behind. The company wanted papá to go ASAP to Washington DC it was shocking  for us of how fast. When we arrived we had to stay in a hotel, since it was too fast we didn't buy a home. It wasn't always fun to live in a hotel, later on my dad made a friend in Work he had an apartment  and we borrowed it for several months. 

Everything was going right to my family but then it was awful. my dad came very sad to the apartment and came with the news that he no longer worked with the company he was expelled and banned. Our year of happiness turned into a year of sadness the money that we had didn't last long. My papa's friend was asking for the apartment because my dad didn't pay the rent. Mamá  was very very sick so he always made a lie about that he has the money but he hasn't  completed it. When my dad's friend found out that he was lying we ended up  walking on the streets . My mom died and my dad went missing me and my sister were all that was left of the four of us. One day my sister came to the tent that was made out of plastic bags and told me that she was going to look for food, she left and since hours passed by and she didn't come back. I went looking for her.

While I was looking for her I saw a big White House. I was amazed by the beauty, I never thought that there were  houses that big. I decided to lay down in the front because I was very tired of looking for my sister. I fell asleep, The next morning a really nice woman named Jackie was the one who saw me in front of the house. Jackie talks to her security to let me into the house so she could take care of me. Cars passed by and I thought I was in deep trouble because they all were in front of me. They asked me to go with them and I agreed because I didn't want problems with the law. They took me inside a car and they passed through a tunnel. The tunnel was the entrance to the house. When I entered it was very luxurious and Jackie received me with open arms. I asked her "who are you? and why am I here?". And she said "you are a very beautiful young girl to be in the streets alone". She immediately asked me about my family I look to the floor and she asked me "¿what happened?". I explained everything since the beginning she gave me her condolences and she sent her staff to buy me new clothes so I can have dinner with the family. Before she left I asked again for her name she came closer and whispered to my ear "Jackie".

 Before she left I asked again for her name she came closer and whispered to my ear "Jackie"

    - [ ] Miss Jackie Kennedy (First lady of the United States in the 1960's)👰🏻

They got me a yellow shirtdress with white shoes. They washed and combed my hair. They pulled my hair up on the sides and let the rest long. When I finished they took me to the dining room. When I saw the whole  family I was very happy but I knew someone looked familiar I sat down and when we started eating he asked me if I knew who he was. I started looking around the room to avoid the question then I saw pictures of him and I realized that he was John F. Kennedy. I told him who he was and I apologized for not saying it sooner, I just had a lot on my mind.

 I told him who he was and I apologized for not saying it sooner, I just had a lot on my mind

John F. Kennedy  (President of the United States  in the 1960's)🙋🏼‍♂️

When we finished eating I got up and said "I have to go home" then the president got up and said "You're already home". I didn't understand why they wanted a Puerto Rican thirteen year old that speaks bad english in their family... Back to reality, he sent one of the butlers to get me a room of my choosing. I chose a room next to their daughters room. I sticked with it but I was worried that my sister would come back to the tent and never see me again.
——————————————