Coming back Pt. 2

I look to the right and see sight of Adam's profile. My dad said "go to him, you guys need to talk". He was right. So I went. "Hey" I said shyly, "Hey" he replied. We both started talking at the same time then laughed and started over. "You first" he said. "The truth is that I like you a lot and I know you told me your not prepared for a relationship but at least we can try". "I was about to tell you the same thing, but what about your dad". "Long story short we already talked about it and he approved". We hugged each other tightly and kissed.
"I have to go" . "But why" he replied.
"I'm meeting my family". "Good luck" he said sarcastically. "Stop it!" Then we both laughed. "Bye" we said again at the same time.

Hours later...

We arrived to the house and I was nervous as hell. I saw kids playing next to the beach.

The first one I saw was uncle Bobby then I met my cousins. There sure were a lot. Then I met Mrs. Rose and Mr. Joseph. They all smiled when they saw me. I smiled as well as I greeted them. For sure the Kennedys were a kind hearted family. Mom and I helped in the kitchen. Later Uncle Ted and Uncle Bobby showed me how to play football. I spent almost the whole day with both of them. I even learned how to swim.

The next day...

When I went down everyone was already at the table. "What are you gonna do today kid?" I heard my dad ask. I wish I could be with him but I promised uncle ted that we were gonna go swimming again. When I told him it seemed like he didn't like what I just said. He was going to speak but he got interrupted by Pops. "forget every thing, I want to spend time with my granddaughter". I instantly felt nervous. He looks so strict, I'm not gonna lie. I got a little scared. I got up and walked with him outside. We talked about my past, my family and the Kennedys.

"Listen, I just wanted to say that your welcomed with open arms. You remind me of when I was a your age. I knew what I wanted, I was determined. It's good to have a future leader in the making".

We hugged and proceeded talking till the afternoon. He showed me a spot that he sat down to look at the sunset. I don't know why was I so worried that he wouldn't like me.

Later on we went back to the house and I saw Bobby very mad. He hung the phone and put his hands on his face. I asked him with concern if he was okay. He replied with a sad smile.

All I could do was hug him. Later dad walked in to the room clearing his throat. A sound that broke the hug. We stood there stiff and quite for about a minute. Then uncle Bobby broke the silence. "Hey Adriana we should go swimming again. I'll go get Ted and Eunice." I glanced at my dad looking for approval. "We should all go." Dad stated.

Next Morning...

First thing in the morning we went on a boat ride. In the boat pop's sat beside me. Uncle Ted and I were jumping into the water. "Come on dad!" I yelled as I was having fun. He looked at me smiling with Caroline on his lap. Bobby tossed me uncle Ted a football. "Catch me if you can" he said mocking my voice, "oh trust me. I'm going to". We stared running all over the place till I gave him a tackle. Pops started laughing loudly ."Ted, you need to try a little bit harder" uncle Bobby said chuckling. Aunt Ethel smacked his arm playfully. "Haha I'm laughing so hard" uncle Ted said on a
Sarcastic tone."Face it, she's better than you." Dad said chuckling alongside Bobby and Ethel.

"What's up?" Aunt Joan questioned making her way down. "That your husband was just tackled by a fourteen year old to the floor, yeah not much" Uncle Bobby said walking away and laughing. I just stood there laughing at all of their comments, "It's ok Teddy you'll get it next time".
He passed me the ball "let's not make it a next time" let's do it Teddy" I replied mockingly. Dad grabbed me by the hand "No tackling my daughter" "oh come on" he said frustrated. As I walked past him I did some faces which made him a little mad.

We all got inside and aunt Joan made us snacks. She was a darling. I really liked her.