What?!

"Every thing Okay?" He didn't reply. "Dad is Okay you can tell me and I'll do anything to make you happy". "Anything?" "Yes anything" "Fidel Castro is coming to an event in Washington" "So what" "you can charm him" "dad what? No" I said with disgust. "Kiddo you are his type and you understand his language" "what do you mean 'his type'" "You are young, intelligent and when you want something you get it". A while later I replied "Okay I'll do it" I said ashamed "thank you kiddo I knew I could count on you, oh and make sure you get some information out of him".

Day of the event...

I still haven't told Adam that I'm gonna charm Fidel Castro. Just imaging it makes me scared. What should I do if things get out of hand and what happens if he doesn't like me. The whole car ride was with a man giving me pointers on him. Some like almost showing me how to kill him. I'm just going to do my best tonight.

In the entrance of the room there was a big mirror. I looked at myself for a couple of minutes. My long purple dress with a V cut in the front and my curls let loose. I chuckled at the memory of mom trying to get me to seem more Hispanic than normal.

"He's here" mom said behind me. He first greeted Lyndon and ladybird then my parents. "Mr. Castro this is my wife Jacqueline " dad said with confidence. Fidel shook both of their hands. "I would like to introduce you to my eldest daughter Adriana". As I came close I watched him slowly turn his head to look at me. "It's a pleasure to meet you" "oh please, the pleasure is all mine". I looked at dad and he nodded approvingly. "What was your name again?" Fidel said with a questioned look. "Adriana" I said with my marked accent and he smiled. "Where are you from?" "Puerto Rico". We were still shaking hands and looking to each other's eyes.

- [ ] Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz was a Cuban communist revolutionary and politician who governed the Republic of Cuba as Prime Minister from 1959 to 1976 and then as President from 1976 to 2008.

We all sat at the same table. By his facial expression I could tell he was bored. My family was here too. There was a lot of tension. Everyone was quiet until Fidel got up. "Vamos hacer esto más divertido" he said raising a cup. The musicians started playing salsa on his command. A hand was put in front of me and it was no surprise who it was. "I haven't danced salsa in a long time" I said to him "don't be scared just follow my lead" then he grabbed my waist and hand signaling me to start dancing. "See you still have it in you" He said spinning me around. When I looked to the side I saw uncle Ted with a clenched jaw looking at us. After we danced two long songs we were out of breath. "Let's get out of here" he said making me think about Adam. "But—" "no buts". He took my hand leading me to a more quiet area. "I think this should be it" He said as we entered a yard with a big pool". We sat down on a bench. Admiring the sounds of the birds. "You are very beautiful" he said with lust. "Gracias, you aren't bad yourself either" I said laughing and he laughed back. He just kept staring at me. I just went with the flow to see if he could tell me something. But words were not thing that came out of his mouth. I was starting to get uncomfortable, I looked down. He lifted my head touching my chin. Then all of the sudden I felt his lips on mine. I was shocked but I knew I had to play it cool.

We kept talking the whole evening and the only thing he said was he was a difficult person to trick. "I really enjoyed this" he said. By the moment I thought he had no clue of what was going on. "I feel the same way" I said smiling and walking outside. He said goodbye to my parents and then when it was my turn he kissed my hand and looked up with my eyes meeting up with his "Hope you got all the information you needed". "Wha—" I said looking at dad. "See you Soon mi reina. I hope we could relive this moment again some time" He shouted getting into the car. I was still in disbelief, he was the one who was supposed to feel used and I don't understand why I'm the one that feels used.
———————————————————
"How did he notice" a federal agent said to me and my dad. "Speak kiddo, what happened?". "Everything was going great. We danced, talked, laughed and... we had a great time" I said nervously. "And what" the agent said mockingly. "I know something more than charming him went on" dad said. "Kiddo you can tell us".  "Fine umm..." "spill it out". "We flirted with each other till we kissed but then he played me". "That son of a bitch" the agent said angrily. "I know it's  bad timing to say this but he didn't do anything wrong just by protecting himself" they both looked at me. "Are you kidding me! You just got played" "Let's see what we can do" dad got up and left. I think we need to talk.

I followed him. "Dad" he stopped and looked at me. "I know your mad but please listen yo me". "I'm not mad kiddo, you did as I told you to." " the kiss " I said bluntly. "As long a it didn't have any sentimental value behind it it's okay". I felt a lump in my throat. To get things clear I don't like Fidel Castro. It's just that I can't get over the fact that he knew everything.
———