iii.not everything is as easy as it seems

Porsche was silently following Kinn through the halls of the mansion. The bodyguards on their way froze seeing Porsche, then their faces returned to the practiced stone cold facade and they nodded at the new Head. Kinn did not spare anyone a glance, his eyes heard and focused on the door ahead of him. The elevator took them to the penthouse on the third floor from the top. The last floor was the overly decorated exhibition room for the family to see their art masterpieces. Under that was the office, they could not go there unless Kinn called them, whoever tried immediately got a hole in their head. Kinn pressed the button and moved to the right corner, leaving Porsche space in the closed metal room. Porsche walked in with his head hung. They were getting closer to the most dangerous territory in this entire city. Kinn's private territory.

Porsche held his breath when the elevator opened, Kinn walked out and turned when he didn't hear Porsche's footsteps behind him. Black orbs met the dark brown ones and Porsche swallowed, his throat dry and tight. He hesitantly walked out and followed to the living room. It was kept in dark colours - mostly dark grey and navy. Porsche slowly sat on the couch, his eyes following Kinn's movements. Theerapanyakun walked over to the bar and grabbed a bottle of dark alcohol and two glasses. He placed them on the coffee table and poured them both a drink before he sat down. Porsche took the glass and lightly twirled the alcohol.

"Before we begin with anything," Porsche looked at Kim, who was pale and staring at the table. "I do understand why I was not aware of their existence. Everything that has happened during the months we had slept together and during which you were kept here are enough reason for you to not inform me about anything."

Porsche took a sip of his drink, alcohol burning down his throat like liquid fire. Some time passed since he last drank, he found it hard to do so, he was always afraid of his kids, Porsché, ans little Ae. They were safe now, except his children. He sighed and placed the glass on the wooden table, rubbing his eyes.

"Nevertheless I am still hurting inside knowing that even after seeing me break down after knowing that I have after all murdered my own child, you could not inform me of them," Kinn said bitterly, swallowing half of his drink at once. "I would have left you alone but with security. I wouldn't have involved myself with them unless you agreed."

Porsche nodded.

"Before we start this subject, I do want to show you something," Kinn said, his voice filled with some sort of anxiety Porsche couldn't understand.

He walked over to his work desk and searched for something in his computer and then motioned for Porsche to get closer. He did and stood behind Kinn, when a video from the night of their first sexual interaction was played. It clearly showed Kinn inside the room with Tae and Time, some other people mingling around them. It looked like the restaurant from where Kinn liked to order his spicy duck noodles. Porsche focused on the movement of the guests and then skipped to the servers. He frowned when three exchanged the dishes all the time from their trays. He narrowed his eyes; all the dishes were the same, they had the same meal on them. They turned the olates over and shook their heads then quickly sprinkled something onto the food. Finally, they walked over to Kinn, Tae, and Time and placed them in front of them then swiftly left. Another video played. Porsche noticed that it was maybe two minutes after they served the dishes. All three waiters were throwing their uniforms into the garbage and getting into black van that drove over.

The video stopped. Porsche was staring at the blank screen in which Kinn's regretful face was reflected. The heavy atmosphere around them was clear. There was something wrong with what has happened that night. Porsche got drugged. Kinn apparently could be too.

"We put their faces in our system," Linn clicked something and two files turned up. "One belongs to the clan from southwest, Freetanhyunkang family clearly. Another turned out to be from the minor family," Kinn gripped the armrest cover tightly. "The third one does not belong to any clan. We presume he was hired for the job to not link him to any clan."