Handsome Traveler

Request from @hcwthewestwaswcn on Tumblr. Reader is traveling and falls in love with James Dutton

Running through the streets I can hear the train pulling to a stop in the small town. The wind blows my hair loosely around as I try moving through the crowds of people rushing into the town. Holding up the ends of my dress someone tripped me with their boots where I nearly hit the muddy ground until strong arms wrapped around my waist holding me up. "Woah there, doll. Hate to have you twist an ankle." A man's rugged voice meets my ears. I have to squint in the low light to see he has dark brown hair and a good looking beard on his chin, wearing a cowboy hat a top his head.

The strangerly attractive cowboy helps me to stand on my feet as the wind blows my hair over my shoulders. The man is slightly taller than me where I have to look up, blushing when I realize he never looked away. "Thanks, Mr...um.." He sticks his hand out introducing himself with the tip of his black hat. "James, James Dutton ma'am." Shaking his hand he smiled down to me making my heart flutter a little. "Y/n L/n. It's nice to meet you, James. Can I offer you a drink?" He bends his head getting flustered at my offer, never used to having a woman offer him a drink it's usually the other way around for him. Regardless he offers his right hand that I placed mine in replying. "A gentleman would fight against this. But I'll allow it just this once, Y/n."

"Well a lady certainly wouldn't do this..." I trailed off plucking his hat from his head placing it on my head with a smirk. He glanced down at me still smiling tugging me up against his chest causing me to release a gasp as we're almost to the doorway of the bar. "A gentleman certainly wouldn't do this to a girl he just met." He lowers his lips onto mine and I smiled enjoying the feeling of his lips on mine. Moving my arms around his neck I broke the kiss whispering under my breath. "A lady wouldn't ask the guy she just met to skip drinks and take her upstairs." He smirks leading me inside trailing off in a hushed tone. "Then it's a good thing we're not proper, doll."

Let me know if the personality of the characters is off or not

Comments really appreciated :)