Oregon Baby

Request from artoldfartsandunicornhearts Tumblr. 1883 Reader is Elsa’s older sister and her husband was killed on the trail. Reader is pregnant and Elsa and Margaret help her deliver the baby on the trail.

The day I imagined having my first born child I thought it up pretty different then the reality. I thought I would have my cowboy husband by my side and he would raise our child with me. Unfortunately Indians raided the camp and killed some of our men he was one of them. Clutching my young sisters hand she now sits at my side with my mother getting prepared to help me deliver the baby. "Urgh I can't do this - not without him. How am I supposed to raise a baby out here!" My sister squeezes my hand brushing hair behind my ear feeling sweet on my forehead as I started pushing the baby out.

My mother locks eyes with me and I could see the fear but also the fight in her eyes. I had ran off and married a cowboy in only a couple weeks of knowing him. So she wasn't too happy that I wore shirts and pants since I was supposed to set an example for Elsa. "Lisen to me big sis. You've always been so strong and you will get through this. Once you do you will have a beautiful child." She reassured me before I nearly broke her hand doing a few big final pushes finally hearing the cry of a baby girl fill the wagon. Throwing my head back into my sister's chest trying to catch my breath feeling extremely tired.

Our mother gently rose to her feet cradling the infant in her arms. She wrapped the infant up in a soft blanket handing it back to me once I sat myself up in a position. I gasped releasing some happy tears falling down my face. "Have you thought of a name for the little one yet?" My mother asked watching the tent flap opened to reveal my father who removed his hat almost crying. "Oh the little darling is perfect." Staring at my younger sister I weakly smiled thinking of my husband. "I think I'll name her Eve Jacob's. In honor of her father Evan."

Comments really appreciated ❤️