Happy Sickness

Request from bvbwestfall Tumblr. Reader gets sick James is worried turns out she's pregnant.

Sitting in the bathroom tub I sighed feeling slightly better than I had all day. Of course the night we were supposed to leave for our journey on the trail I fell ill for some reason. I couldn't ask my husband to wait considering he has been dying to do this for awhile now. The door gently opened where I opened one eye seeing my husband James leaning in the doorway. "Are you still feeling ill honey?" Nodding my head slowly he walks over tucking hair behind my ear where I could read he had something to say bye the expression on his face. "What do you know, James. Spill it out." I demanded watching him kicking off his boots and removing his clothes climbing in behind me planting a kiss to my neck whispering in my ear. "I talked to the doctor and he says...you're pregnant."

Shifting around so I was sitting in his lap I throw my arms around his neck grinning ear to ear in shock. "You better not be pulling my leg, cowboy." He chuckled pressing his lips onto mine gently. "I've never and will never lie to you my darling." Leaning forward I kissed him deeply feeling his arms tighten around my waist so I was pressed against his bare chest. He bends his head down kissing my neck for a second until I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. "The little one better quit giving you trouble because I didn't come in here just to tell you the news." He has a smirk on his face making me blush deeply as he leans down kissing my neck again causing my hands to end up in his hair tugging it a few times. "James...don't tease me like that."

A few hours later I climbed into the bed with James just getting in wearing shorts wrapping his arms around my waist kissing my forehead. Laying my head on his chest I sit up needing to puke so he ran and got a bucket holding my hair back as I bent over throwing up. "Sssh baby I've got you. I've got you, Y/n." He mumbled softly rubbing my back with his freehand until I was done allowing me to flop back into his comfortable embrace. He kisses the crown of my head until I lifted my head up tracing patterns on his chest. "You're the best husband ever and I wouldn't remind repeating this night every once and a while." He smirked rolling onto his back with me hovering above him seeing me press my lips back onto his deeply. I felt his hand go to my hair while the other was on my bare back underneath one of his shirts I was wearing. "We can do whatever my darling wants."

Comments really appreciated