We Became Family

stellarosedutton Reader is a single mother, to four children. two boys, two girls when bandits raid her wagon, stealing all of her belongings. what happens when she gets help from James Dutton, and he tells her that he is gonna take her and her children in. She falls in love with him, and they travel the trails together

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes I sat up on my elbow finding a moment that needs to be savioured. Since we don't get many of them out here on the trail. Beside me lays the love of my life then on his side are my two boys and girls. I started this life as a single mother but I got a protector and lover out of the horor with faced a few months ago. James groaned stretching his limbs rolling over onto my side smiling at me. "Morning my darlin'. How did you sleep. Any nightmares about the attack?" Shaking my head yes I lay my head on his chest where he wrapped his arms around my waist while I remembered the night. "Don't worry, honey. I'll help you get through this. I promise you that Y/n."

"Hide kids." I quickly replied to my boys since they were trying to stand behind me. My two girls were hiding inside the wagon while I attempted to grab a gun but someone grabs me by the back of my dress. The holder wrapped his arms around my throat pressing a gun barrel to my back. "Give me all you're stuff or I'll shoot your children." I gulped slowly dropping my gun walking forward about to hand the stuff over but three bullets go off. I screamed ducking as the body dropped in front of me where I saw a man riding up on a horse. The stranger dismounted his horse offering me his hand pulling me up with a tip of his black cowboy hat. "It's alright darling. You're safe now. You and your children."

Lifting my head up from his chest I ran my hand through his hair before leaning forward and kissing him slowly. "I keep thinking that I haven't thanked you enough for helping us after that guy tried to kill us and another took all our stuff. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve you, James Dutton." He slowly runs his fingers up my arm making me snuggle into his embrace. James was the perfect man he could protect and love us even if my little children didn't share his blood. He took us in as his own little family. "I'll show you everyday that you do deserve my love. You were a single mother raising four kids that are becoming so beautiful in my eyes. I couldn't ask for anything else." Moving my hand down to my stomach I met his brown eyes grinning ear to ear. "Well cowboy I think you'll like the fact that, I'm pregnant. It's yours James." He tackled me in a deep kiss causing our four children to wake up tackling us in tickle fights making me so happy I met the Dutton cowboy.

Comments really appreciated ❤️