You're A Badass Cowgirl

Request from bvbwestfall Tumblr Winter is coming on and reader is cold someone comments because she's so skinny she punches them james finds her bleeding and heals her back to health

I wasn't one to let what anyone else says define who I am. Because trust me you've got enough people doing that all the time these days. Climbing down from my horse wearing pants and a shirt rather than a dress like my friend Margaret does. One of the cowboys traveling with us comes up to me looking me over with a smirk. "Here I was thinking you were fat because of that dress but now I can see clearly your just too skinny no cowboys gonna want you." Without thinking I moved my arm back punching the guy square in the nose and he fell backwards into the dirt. Holding my burning red wrist I quickly climbed on my horse running off towards the direction of our trees for the camp.

Dismounting my horse my boots slide into the mud as I crawled over to a tree trying to catch my breath seeing blood still sitting on my right hand after I punched the guy. Someone rode up where I lifted my head up seeing James staring at me quickly dismounting his own horse coming over to me. "Y/n, what happened. Who hurt you. I'll take care of that hand." He had concern in his voice while I removed my hat from my head croaking out to him. "James, it was one of the cowboys. They said I was too skinny so I punched him in the nose that's whose blood this is." He dropped on the ground in front of me pulling out a rag that was wet cleaning the blood off my hand simply staring into my eyes the whole time in silence that is actually comforting for me.

"Did you knock him on his ass, darlin'.?" He asked me making me giggle at his question seeing a smile grace his face. He sat the dirty rag down grabbing a different cloth from his bag wrapping it around my head gently. "You should really be worried about the other guy and not me. He got delt much worse." I replied with a smirk seeing James come to sit next to me our backs resting against the tree. He wrapped his arms around my waist tugging me closer into his embrace. I lay my head on his shoulder sighing in relief that he wasn't mad I hit one of our guys. "Nah I think that guy needs to remember what it feels like to tangle with a badass cowgirl like you Y/n. I love you for it." He kisses me gently and I kiss him back running my fingers through his hair making his hat fall into my lap. "I love you too James. Thanks for tending to my hand."

Comments really appreciated ❤️