(𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈) 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘

𝟑. (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈) 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

"𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐌𝐢𝐫

"𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐌𝐢𝐫."

It's a Saturday and Kori "JJ" Douglas is miserable

It's a Saturday and Kori "JJ" Douglas is miserable. Personally, he didn't think that Saturday and miserable was a combination that could exist, but it can. It's been a month since that tense therapy session and Zamir and Kori have been drifting apart through August and the beginning of September. There are no longer any FaceTime calls that last longer than thirty minutes (they text more often than not), no more spontaneous sleepovers, or touches between them that aren't daps.

It feels like a breakup.

Sighing, Kori takes his headphones off of his head and logs out of 2K before shutting off his Xbox. Even the game wasn't entertaining him anymore.

To make matters worse, this "breakup" is starting to make him realize that his friend group was more Zamir's than his. He only talks to Mikey and Dame at school and even then, it's stilted. At this point, he thinks he talks to Ty more than everyone else, even Zamir. And if that isn't something I didn't see coming, he thinks bitterly to himself. Oh, and Ty has been asking about what happened between him and Zamir. If that dumbass notices anything, then it has to be bad.

As he's thinking about how his social life has deteriorated, his phone buzzes on his bed. It doesn't do that often anymore. He reaches over and grabs it.

Ty
u coming to the party tonight

"Huh?" He says aloud to himself. There's a party?

Kori
what party??

Ty
xavier's party

Kori
u mean Xavier Turner?
Ve's brother?

Ty
yea

Kori
I didn't even know there was a party

Ty
wait fr??

Kori
yeah fr
how long have u known?