(𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓) 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝟒. (𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭) 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫

"𝐒𝐨, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐢𝐭? 𝐀 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭?"

Kori Douglas is notorious for not knowing how to deal with emotions; if someone cries, he'll just awkwardly pat them on the back or exit the premises

Kori Douglas is notorious for not knowing how to deal with emotions; if someone cries, he'll just awkwardly pat them on the back or exit the premises. However, anger... anger is something he's good at. That's why it's no surprise that by the time Monday morning rolls around, all the confusing emotions he's bartering towards Zamir has just turned into one big ball of rage.

"Have fun," Kori says dryly to Cierra as they separate.

"You too," she replies, voice just as flat.

He watches her walk away and bump into a girl at the end of the hallway, who she smiles at and begins to talk to. They end up disappearing from his view together. That must be her crush, Liliana, he thinks. He promises to make fun of her later as he puts in his earbuds. Once a satisfactory song is playing, he begins walking towards the cafeteria, where he knows his friends will be.

That's when it happens.

He feels something touch his back, then a soft "Jj?" reaches his ears. He takes out one earbud and looks down.

"...hey, Ve."

She smiles up at him and he feels his heart starting to beat faster at the sight, "Did you get home alright? I tried texting you but it didn't go through."

That's because Mir blocked you. "Oh, uh, I got home alright. My phone was dead though, I lost my charger."

She gives him a look, then shrugs, decidedly not caring, "You wanna get breakfast with me?"