Part 3

He come out of the memories of past, looking around he found himself in his car, in some isolated area. Sid drove back to his farmhouse after spending some time alone, calming himself. He opened the door and entered inside, he frowned when he saw her sitting in hall, busy in doing some calculation on a paper.

"Weren't you suppose to study? And what are you doing?" Sid asked her as he came and sat beside her on the couch.

"Firstly, I'm in college, Sidharth, not in school that i'll have to complete my homework after coming home, And secondly, I'm making this list for the groceries we need to buy from the market." Shehnaaz answered him back.

"Whatever!" 

"Sidharth, i forgot to withdraw cash from bank, can you give some. I'll return it to you by tomorrow-" Shehnaaz asked him once she checked her purse and found it almost empty.

"Here. And i don't need it back, even i stay in this house, so i guess, if i pay, it won't be a crime-" Sid said to her as he handed her some cash.

"Okay, I'll be back in an hour." Shehnaaz said to him, before she took her purse and left the house, leaving him alone. He was lost in his thoughts when his self phone ringed.

"Hello, Dude!" Sid picked up the call, it was Vishal Aditya, his best friend who was in US from past 10 years.

"Sidharth! I have a good news for you-"

"And that is-" Sid trailed off.

"I'm coming back india next week." His ears perked up when he heard Vishal's voice from the other side.
(Note: I always thought Vishal Aditya Singh and Aarti would look good together🥰😀)

"Really? Thats great, dude." Sidharth replied, feeling happy that after years he will meet his best friend after years. The duo a bit more about random stuff then ended the call. Sid was about to got up when his cell phone ringed, again and this time he groaned in frustration seeing it's his mother.

"Yes, mom." Nevertheless, he picked up the call, and mentally prepared himself to hear her scolding

"Sidharth, Where the hell are you? Do you even realized it's been a week you haven't come home-" His mother, shouted from the other side of the call. Sid groaned mentally, after his last encounter on their supposedly first wedding anniversary, he hadn't gone home.

"Mom, You know there is much work in office, 4 new projects are lined up this month and i need to concentrate on them, so i'm staying at my farmhouse, near the office. But i promise, I'll visit you tomorrow." Sidharth lied smoothly, for once he was thankful that he never told his about his farmhouse nor about it's location or address. Nobody from his family know about farmhouse.

"Okay. Take care of yourself, have your meals on time and don't take too much stress." He smiled when he heard his mother's concern filled voice.

"I'll, mom."

"And yeah, Talk to Aarti, she is too upset, first you left her alone on your first anniversary and now this-" 

"Don't worry, mom. I'll talk to her." Sid assured his mother with a lie, Then he cut the call. He took a sigh of relief, he hates to lie to his family but for his own happiness, he had to. He know, he is being selfish here but he doesn't care. He won't let his family snatch away his happiness this time.

"Shehnaaz, don't cook today. I have ordered from outside." Sid said to her when she got to leave, to cook their dinner.

"Why?"

"Just look at yourself, first college then you went for shopping, you look so tired today." Sid point out, his concern melted her heart.

"Awe! Such a cute baby you are-" Shehnaaz fall on top him, pulling his cheeks.

"The only cute baby here, is you, My lil-cuddly-bear."  Sidharth cocooned her in his arms, flipping on the bed, he took her soft body beneath him. Shehnaaz look into his eyes, his gaze softened when he stare down at her. He leaned and pressed his lips against her forehead, giving a soothing kiss on her forehead.

"Sidharth!" A moan escaped her lips feeling his lips on her sweet spot, where her neck & shoulder meet. His hands were fondling with her breasts, making her moan in ecstasy. Sid leaned to capture her lips, but before he could, they heard the ring of the doorbell.

"Damn!" Sidharth groaned in frustration. Shehnaaz giggled seeing his frustration.

"It must be delivery boy, I'll get it-" Sid mumbled before he got up and moved out of the room. After some time, he entered the room with their dinner. Shehnaaz grinned widely as he placed the dinner before her and served her.

"Tomorrow, I have to go home. Mom is worrying about me-"

"I understand, Sidharth. Your mom must be tensed, you were away from home for a week, without even informing them-" Shehnaaz smiled as she replied to him. She would never want him to stay away from his family because of her. They had their dinner while having light conversation.

Next morning, Sidharth went home after dropping shehnaaz to her college. When he entered inside, he was tackled in a hug by his mother then his gaze fall over Aarti who was standing beside his mother, silently.

"Thank god, you finally decided to grace us with your presence." Sidharth rolled his eyes at his mother's sarcastic comment.

"Mom!" 

"Don't you dare use the word 'mom' , Son. I'm angry with you-" His mother turned her face away from him. Sidharth shook his head, He step forward and hug his mother from behind.

"Sorry, mom! I'll inform you from now on." Sidharth apologized, she couldn't stay angry at him any longer and patted his cheek. He spent some time with his mother before he moved in his room i.e. study room.

After some time, Aarti entered there with his coffee.

"Aarti, I had asked my lawyer to get divorce paper ready, You will get them by tomorrow-" Sid told her, without beating around the bush. Aarti look at him with wide eyes before tears scorched in her eyes as his words sinked it.

"What? No! Never! I'm not letting you break this marriage just like that. It means so much to me-" Aarti shouted at him, pain reflecting her tone. She was in pain, caused by her husband who was ready to separate her from him before even giving her a chance. She throw the coffee cup before she ran out of the room while crying bitterly, leaving him behind shocked by her behavior.

That moment he knew, it's not going to be an easy journey ahead.