On the Fields of Tupils

A smile forms on Simon’s face as he admires the view. The boys were currently in Amsterdam, and they went to the place where Amsterdam is famous for; Keukenhof Tulip Gardens. The tulips were vibrant, their colors ranging from bright red to bright pink. It was truly a breathtaking experience.

A hand that suddenly rested on his side startled him enough to break himself from his thoughts to whoever put their hand on his side. It was none other than his lover, JJ. A sigh of relief came out from his mouth as he spoke, ‘Jesus, don’t just do that!’ JJ just laughs, that dumb stupid laugh that him fall for the other once again.

JJ’s hand that rested on his side went to take his hand, and happily gave in. They both stared at each other, smiling, until JJ broke the space between them and gave Simon a soft peck on the lips. They pulled away, smiling brighter than ever, they were silent but not uncomfortable silent, just enjoying the view and the moment.

JJ was first to say, ‘if i ever asked you to marry me would you say yes?’ Simon turns to his boyfriend, his smile bigger than ever as he says, ‘what’s this about?’

JJ slowly got on one knee, taking something from his pocket, it was a small box. Shit, Simon already knew where this was going. ‘Simon Edward Minter, will you marry me?’ says JJ refusing to look Simon in the eyes, and when he does finally get the courage to do so, it isn't what he’d think it’d be. Simon didn't have a huge grin on his face like jj expected but what he does have is unreadable.

Simon backs away slowly, his eyes flickering and avoiding JJ’s gaze. Then Simon ran, leaving JJ. He stood there, not knowing how to feel, his eyes starting to water but he refused to let them pour out of his eyes. His hand squeezed the wooden box that contained the ring as he bit his bottom lip so hard that he’s sure will bleed.

He closed his eyes to not let the tears drop, he was about to leave when a heavy breathing person spoke, ‘hey..JJ..will you marry me?’ JJ turns around slowly and not believing what was just said to him. There was Simon breathing heavily, on his knee and holding up a box that contained a ring. The tears that JJ tried so hard not to release finally found a way out.

JJ engulfs Simon in the tightest hug he’s ever given the blond. ‘YES YES I DO!’ JJ exclaims, repeatedly saying ‘yes’ & ‘i do’ causing Simon to laugh. ‘Jeez, i got the message..never thought you would cry because of me proposing’ says Simon, earning a soft punch from JJ, ‘I thought you ran off..you dickhead never scare me ever again’ says JJ sniffling as Simon put the ring on his ring finger.

‘How did you find out I was going to propose to you?’ Asks JJ, on his tippy toes as he wraps his arms on Simon’s neck, ‘i didn’t know’ the blond replies, ‘all i know is when josh said we’re going here i thought it was the perfect place to propose’ Simon continued, smiling when JJ also takes the exact same ring that he brought and put it on Simon’s ring finger. ‘Does this mean we’re fiances now?’ asks JJ, Simon nods.

Ecstatic by this JJ carries Simon off his feet and onto his arms, ‘WERE FIANCES!’ JJ exclaims, earning claps and looks from people nearby. JJ carefully puts Simon down as the blond cups his face and kisses him so dearly. 

‘I love you’
‘I love you too’

____________

They both called the boys and announced to them about their engagement. They got home and snuggled on JJ’s bed, and called Deji. He was the first (besides from the sidemen) to know about their engagement.

‘I still can’t believe it! You’re getting married!’ Deji exclaims on the phone, ‘yeah,yeah nut dont tell mom and dad, me and Simon are going to tell them’ ‘yeah,yeah bye! Congrats!’ was the last thing JJ heard before the call ended. ‘That was Deji, he said congrats’

Simon looked worried, so naturally JJ asked what was wrong. ‘I’m just worried, what if your parents don't approve? Or my parents?’ Simon says nervously, ‘They don’t matter, all that matters to me is that you love me and I love you, so it's not really a problem if we have a wedding that only some friends are invited’ says JJ, ‘plus, my parents fucking love you, and if they don’t want us to get married, i don’t really care about what they think cause im sure that I am going to marry’ JJ continues, rubbing his and Simon’s noses together.

Simon sighs out of relief, the doubt he had disappeared. He was going to marry the love of his life, so why should he worry? Just like JJ said, it didn’t matter what anyone else thought. Simon had JJ and JJ had him so there was nothing top worry about, its all going to work out in the end.

--------

Note: hey sorry for dying, anyways heres a sloppily done KSImon because I love them, anyway votes and comments are highly appreciated<333