Chapter 14 - Choke On That!

"Nothing." I replied, turning my head a little. She was crouching behind me. She was staring suspiciously.

"Did my lunch fall?" She asked. "What?" "I don't want you to pick up food from the floor!" She said. "Oh!" She assumed I was doing that. "No! You're in luck." I closed the lid and turned around.

"The box fell straight. Nothing dropped." I smiled. She sighed with relief. "Thank god, I spent so much time on this!" She held her bento. "Looks great." "Thank you." She said.

When I thought she caught me, I was slipping the test tube in my bra. Putting it in my pocket would've been visible to her. But at-least she didn't see me.

She took her bento and went straight for the pool area in a slow, calm pace. It gave me time to pick the black garbage bags from the store room. I'll need it soon.

Sumiko sat on the bench and glanced at the bench opposite to her usually filled with her sports teammates. "Huh, weird." She said to herself.

She opened her bento and dug in her spoon inside her rice loaded with veggies. She ate the entire meal with a confused look mixed with disgust. She must've noticed her food tasted weird. I was sitting behind a bush to keep an eye on her.

She clutched back her bento, still fine. Was the poison not enough? All she did was let out a gentle cough. I was expecting something more dramatic. If she doesn't fall now, she might do it in front of someone and be seen dying or worse, be rescued!

I have to intervene. Sumiko stood up and was going to walk to her class. I walked towards her. "Ryoba?" She said. "Hi, again." I did whatever I could to make small talk. "What's up?" She asked.

"Nothing. Just had lunch. I was walking around." She clearly wasn't interested in talking to me. "How was the meal you cooked?" "Oh, I think I did something wrong. Wasn't my best work." She laughed. I laughed back. What was wrong?

As she laughed, she let out a cough. Soon, it escalated. "Sorry," she said between coughs. "Something is stuck I guess." She said. She kept on coughing as I watched her suffer. She grabbed my shoulder for support and covered her mouth with the other.

I couldn't hold my smile in. It was too satisfying to see from up front. Sumiko coughed and coughed until blood came out. She gasped for breath and saw a gush of blood on her hands.

"Can't. Breathe." She said. "Ryoba..." she let out. Sumiko fell on the ground clutching her chest to breathe. "Help.....me," she looked up to me. She fell on the ground with foam in her mouth.

After moving uncontrollably, she stopped. And there she was, laying down lifelessly. Without missing a beat, I grabbed her ankles and dragged her behind the tall bush and covered her with the garbage bag.

I placed her in the spare room of the gymnasium where no one kept a foot.

———————
"Wow, now that's a lot of trash, Ryoba." Said a girl. We both were tossing trash in the incinerator. At least, she was throwing trash. I grabbed Sumiko and threw her in. "Yeah, it's from the art club. You know how wasteful they can be." I joked.

"Yep! They're so full of themselves."

And just like that, Sumiko was never to be seen.

S̶u̶m̶i̶k̶o̶ ̶T̶a̶c̶h̶i̶b̶a̶n̶a̶

______________💌_______________

I know, long time no see.
Just updated this and Ayano's story. Check them out!