𝗘𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻🍂

"HI." Nick said, his chest rising and falling quickly from running. His hair plastered to his face from the rain.

        "Hi?" Bethany greeted in more of a form of a question.

     "Uhm, I'm sorry for not texting you. Uh... I just wanted to talk in person." Nick replied over the rain.

      "Okay..." Bethany said, waiting. She watched him stand in the rain and chuckled a little. "Just come inside. You're going to get sick." She muttered under her breath as she pulled him inside.

      "Yeah, good idea." Nick smiled down at her, water dripping down his face from his hair.

      "Did you forget your coat?" Bethany asked him.

      "Oh! Uh... Yeah, I didn't check the weather before I left." Nick shrugged.

       "Course you didn't." Bethany laughed under her breath, smiling a little. The two of them just stared at each other again before Nick cleared his throat.

      "Uhm, I wanted to talk about last night..." Nick started, trailing off. Bethany looked down with a frown. "I just wanted to say-"

       "Why's he here?" Charlie appeared from the bottom of the staircase. "I didn't know he was coming around."

       "Oh, yeah, I have one of his jumpers at my house and he stopped by and realized I was probably here. We're going over there now." Bethany made up, Nick nodding in agreement.

        "Right..." Charlie trailed off, giving Bethany a look saying he knows. "Well, we're going to Grandmas till later tonight. So we won't be home." Charlie replied, moving to the hallway that goes to the  kitchen. "You'd be welcome to come, but you're still in your pajamas."Charlie teased. Nick smiled at the girls attire, her  baggy tshirt, shorts, and mix matched socks. Bethany looked down in embarrassment before tugging her white converse on from the shoe mat.

       "Let's go to my place." She gestured to the house across the street. Bethany found an umbrella and held it over their heads as they ran across to her house. Once inside they took their shoes off and she lead him upstairs. Nick removed his soaked sweatshirt and hung it over the chair for her vanity.

       "Uh...So-"Nick started awkwardly.

        "-I'm so sorry for trying to kiss you." Bethany blurted out. "I know you don't like me like that. It's just that, I really like you and I understand if you don't like me back because of what everyone says and because i'm-" She rambled on.

        "Beth, hang on." He whispered, taking a step closer.

      "-And the only reason you probably even tried to kiss me back is because you didn't want to make me feel bad by rejecting me-"

       "Beth." Nick called out again, getting closer.

      "-Its all probably because you think I still like Sarah, but I don't. Ever since that first day I came over I stopped liking her. I just want us to forget about last night and be friends again because I don't know what I'd do without you-"

      "Bethany." Nick repeated louder, but his voice was soft. He took Bethany's face in his big hands and pulled her gaze from the floor to his eyes. Only a moment passed before he pulled her lips to meet his. Bethany balanced on her socked tiptoes as she practically melted under his touch, she wrapped her arms around his waist to hold herself steady. The kiss broke slowly, their breaths mingling together. Bethany looked at Nick with pure confusion. "I should be the one that's sorry." Nick started, backing up and sitting down on her bed. "I'm so sorry I ran off last night. It's just that, I didn't think you were over Sarah and I thought you were only going to kiss me back just cause, mostly because I didn't know you actually liked me back. Like, I don't care, what everyone says about you. I know who you are. That's why I like you." Nick finished, letting out a long breath. Bethany moved to sit next to him on her bed.