𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻🍂

ON SUNDAY BETHANY WAS ABLE TO GO HOME SO CHARLIES MUM COULD TAKE CARE OF HER. Nick texted her constantly checking up on her, he sort of felt guilty because of the position he had put her in. Bethany couldn't see it had his fault. Bethany's left side of her face was slightly bruised from the impact. It always seemed like the red head has a knack for getting hurt, at least that's what Charlie's mum said. Monday morning came and Bethany rolled out of bed, her head already throbbing. She braided back her red curls and put her school uniform on. This week would be a dreadful week, although, most wouldn't call it that. Bethany's and Charlie's birthday was on Saturday. Bethany stopped liking her birthday when her mother chose to leave on her birthday. She walked into class and dropped down onto to her chair next to Nick, who could feel the negative tension surrounding her.

        "You alright?" Nick asked her quietly as the teacher took roll.

      "Uhm... Yeah, I'm fine." Bethany reassured him, of course, Nick didn't believe that.

       "Does your head hurt?" He asked again.

      "Only a little." She lied.

      "Bethany and Nick, keep it down." The teacher warned. Bethany and Nick went quiet, then she reached out and tapped his hand with her finger.

        "It's kind of my birthday on Saturday..." Bethany whispered, Nick looked over at her and smiled.

       "Is it?" He asked her.

       "Yeah, and Charlie's too. We're going bowling at the arcade, and I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come. It's up to you though, since you don't really know my friends." Bethany shrugged, playing it off as if it wasn't a big deal in Nicks mind.

       "Yes." Nick said immediately, nodding at her, his lopsided grin growing bigger.

       "Bethany and Nick, stop talking!" The teacher said to them again. Bethany snorted and then clapped a hand over her mouth. Nicks pinkie grazed over her own pinkie, Bethany turned to look at him.

       "Thanks for giving me barely any time to get you a present." Nick whispered lowly, Bethany let out a sigh.

       "No, you don't have to get me anything." Bethany argued.

      "No, I'm gonna." Nick shook his head, smirking.

      "Nick, I'm seri-"

      "Shhhhhh!" Nick shushed her, laughing under his breath. He put his finger to her lips. Bethany swatted his finger away playfully.

        "I hate you, Nicholas Nelson." Bethany pretended to be mad and turned away.

      "No you don't, Bethany Stark." Nick leaned forward and whispered into her ear, she felt his breath fan across her cheek. Bethany turned her head slowly, just so that their noses were merely inches from touching. I'm that moment, they both forgot they were sitting in class.

"Shut up." Bethany whispered back.

"Make me." Nick replied back, raising his eyebrows. A blush rose to Bethany's cheeks and she quickly turned away from him, her braid whipping him in the face. "Ouch." He muttered behind her, leaning away. The school day went by fairly quickly after that, Tao, Charlie, and Bethany walked to the bus stop outside the school gates.

        "So, if we meet at 4:00 then we can play two games, then get some food, and then hang around the arcade for a bit." Tao planned for the other two. Bethany just nodded absentmindedly, Charlie elbowed her ribs.

"Bethy, we know you don't always enjoy your birthday, but this one we'll make the best!" Charlie assured his older friend, she only smiled and nodded. An object came flying between Tao and Bethany, they dodged it in confusion. They saw the culprit, Harry, standing with his mates laughing. Nick looked more mad than Bethany ever seen him. Tao charged Harry angrily and shoulder checked him as he walked by, leaving Bethany and Charlie.