Nurse Louis

Louis's POV

It was about 4 in the morning when I woke up to the sounds of retching. I crawled out of bed and went to go see who it was, as much as I didn't want to leave my warm and cozy bed. I followed the sound all the way to the bathroom where I found poor Niall throwing up in the toilet. When he finished, he looked up at me with sad eyes. The poor guy look terrible. His face was pale along with rosiness in his cheeks, his eyes were glazed over, and he was visibly trembling.
"Aww, Ni." I cooed as I made my over.
I sat beside him and he immediately rested his head against my shoulder. I took a mental note of how warm he is, probably a fever no doubt.
"Do you think you're done?" I whispered softly. Niall nodded.
"Alright, let's get you back to bed then." I said, whilst helping Niall stand. His legs shook beneath him so he ended up leaning against me the whole time we walked back to his room. I tucked Niall back into bed then went and got him a bucket to keep beside his bed.
I went ahead and got a thermometer to take his temperature and he definitely had a fever so I got a wet cloth and placed it on his forehead.
"Okay Nialler, need anything else?" I asked.
Niall shook his head.
"Okay, text me if you need anything at all." I said. Then I went back to my own room and went back to bed.

***

I woke up at around 9 to the sound of retching again. I went to the bathroom and found Niall leaning over the toilet again. I sat beside him and rubbed his back as he continued to gag and retch relentlessly. I rubbed his back soothingly until he stopped and I led him back to bed and took his temperature again. Unfortunately, it hasn't gone down yet so I went and got him some fever reducers.
"Niall, can you tell what exactly hurts so I can get you some medicine?" I asked.
"My stomach, head, throat, and I feel really weak and achy all over." Niall replied.
"It sounds like you've got the stomach flu Nialler." I said sympathetically.
Niall groaned and buried his face into the pillow. I rubbed his back in a comforting way.
"I'm gonna go get you some medicine Nialler, I'll be right back." I said.
Niall just grunted in response.
When I returned I found Niall still in the exact position I had left him in.
"Here Niall, take this." I gave him the pills and he slowly took them. Suddenly I heard a loud bang in the kitchen followed by laughing.
"I gotta go see what's going on. Try to get some rest Nialler and I'll come back to check on you in a bit." I said.
I went into the kitchen and found Harry and Liam laughing their heads off.
"What are you two doing?" I asked.
"It's a long story." Harry said.
"We'll what was that loud crash?" I questioned.
"Oh, Liam accidentally slammed a cabinet door to hard." Harry replied.
I didn't even feel like asking more questions so I stopped it there.
"Well, can you guys be quieter, Niall's really sick and is trying to sleep." I said.
"Oh sorry. What's wrong with him." Liam asked.
"By the looks of it, he has the stomach flu." I replied.
Everyone here knew how sicknesses worked around here. Once one gets it everyone gets it. And Niall looks pretty miserable so I'm going to try my best to keep this thing from spreading.
"What can we do to help?" Harry asked.
"As of now, just try to keep your distance from him so we can keep this thing from spreading, but I might need help later on." I replied. They both nodded in agreement and we went on with our day. I would go and check on Niall every fifteen minutes and I think he might've eventually gotten annoyed with me. I made sure to keep my hands washed after every time I checked on him.
It was now after midnight so I went to go check on Niall one more time before going to bed. I peeked through the door and saw that he was sound asleep and even snoring quietly. I closed the door and went to bed myself.

Harry's POV

It was sometime after 3 in the morning when I woke up to retching sounds. I immediately figured it was probably Niall so I got up and went to the bathroom and there he was throwing up in the toilet. I immediately sat by his side to comfort him.
"Aww, Ni." I cooed.
I rubbed his back as he continued to puke. I took notice of how hot he felt and made a mental note to take his temperature after he's done. Eventually he slowed down to just gagging.
"Niall, I don't think you have anything left." I said softly.
He still continued on for a couple more minutes until he fell back into me with a sigh.
"You wanna brush your teeth or just go back to bed?" I asked.
"Bed." Niall replied.
I helped him up and guided him back to bed. Then I got the thermometer from off his nightstand and turned it on.
"Alright Niall, open up." I said.
Niall did as told and allowed me to slip the device under his tongue.
When the thermometer beeped I read the numbers. Dang that's really high. I got a wet rag from the bathroom and placed it on Niall's forehead.
"Do you need anything else?" I asked.
"Will you stay? He asked.
"Of course." I replied. Niall scooted over and gave me space to lay with him in the bed. Soon, we both drifted off to sleep.