As I get into my car, I don't feel as assured as I wish I was.

I recall what Celeste had told me.

"He lives in that neighborhood with all red roofs..."

I drop my cup of coffee into the cup holder and check my watch again. It's only seven forty seven. If I go fast, I have more than enough time to drop by for a quick visit and make it to school on time.

I drive off East of the cafe, going a little faster than I should be.

It doesn't take long until I'm driving down the rows of identical red-roofed houses.

Luca lives in the wealthier neighborhood. Some place I'll probably never be rich enough to call home. I don't mind too much though.

If wealth turned him into the massive heartless jerk that he is, then I'd rather be dirt poor.

I read the names off of the mailboxes as I past by.

The Cartiers. Muelers. Reynolds. Ajoulet Famille. Betchel. Scotts. Lacroix.

There.

I stomp on my break causing me to lurch forward a little. Thank goodness I am wearing a seatbelt.

I park my car at the curb and get out leaving the engine on and the door open.

I hurry up the three steps to his door. Just as I'm about to raise my hand to knock, the door swings open and there stands Luca in a suit and tie.

I see recognition flicker in his eyes, then fear, then something like a resignation.

He knows what's coming for him already.

"Kaslo," he says in a formal manner.

"Lacroix."

"Now is not a good time. I'm off to a meeting. Now if you'll excuse me."

He tries to move past me but I step in front of him standing well over a foot taller.

"You're not going anywhere until I say what I came all this way to say."

"And what's that?"

"For reasons unknown to me, Celeste loves you and is putting all of her trust in you." I stab him in the chest with my finger making him stumble back a little.

"Keep your hands off of me."

I ignore him and keep my finger right there. Man, I wish my finger was a knife.

"Everything isn't just about you anymore, Luca. You now have a child to think about."

"I know, man, I-"

"Don't interrupt me," I snap." As I was saying. You now have a child to think about. A child that you helped make. So you can help take care of it until its 18th birthday. And you will take care of Celeste until death do you part."

Luca scowls."You think we'll be together forever? Be realistic, man. Love doesn't last. This is just a phase for the both of us."

There is nothing more that I would like to do than grab him by the neck and smash his head against the door until he's bleeding out but I keep myself in check.

So this is a long drawn out one night stand for him?

As much as I want to, killing her boyfriend would not in anyway help a thing.

"Scumbag," I hiss."If you so much as break her trust by running off with another ginger to Mississippi or if I find out you are cheating on her in this city, so help me, I will come and hunt you down, and then I will bury you upside down."

"Are you threatening me, Kaslo?" Spittle from Luca's mouth flies with his words and land on my face in a spatter formation.

I jerk the back of my hand over my face.

"I am not threatening you, Lacroix. I am promising you that if you do anything to break her heart again you will pay with your life."

I add,"Not that your life is worth that much."

"Get lost." Luca has the actual nerve to raise his hand and give me the finger.

This time I don't try to keep my anger at bay. I grab his finger and shove it all the way back until I hear a crack.

Luca groans as his face contorts in agony.

Good.

"Why would you do that?" He practically sobs staring at his grotesquely bent finger.

"That's only the beginning of what I can and will do to you if you don't keep your nose squeaky clean for your woman and unborn child."

I'd like to bop his nose for good measure but I've done enough.

I march to my car and speed off feeling very assured now.