22

I lay down on the couch and turn the TV on. Scream, a horror movie is on.

Relief spreads through me, since I'm not trapped right beside Forest-Esmee anymore. But I kind of miss not being there too.

I am absolutely hopeless.

Worse than her little lover, Dylan.

My eyes flutter closed as I fall asleep.

"Get up," Forest-Esmee pulls on my arm.

"I just came in and laid down," I say.

"Come on and join us." She pulls on my arm again.

"Fine. Okay, fine."

I comply following her back into the kitchen. I don't mind following. That way I get a nice view of her moving derriere.

We sit down at the table and Forest-Esmee dishes me up another serving of ice cream and brownies.

"Are you trying to get me intoxicated off of sweets?"

"I believe the correct term is a sugar high."

"Smartypants."

Forest-Esmee looks at me for a comeback."Not...smartypants."

I smile."That was terrible. Must suck to be you."

"Eat glass."

"I see you two have turned into an old married couple," Celeste says.

Forest-Esmee finishes her tea and smacks her lips."Now, that was good."

"Let me refill your cups," Celeste offers getting up.

Forest-Esmee and I give her the mugs and she winks at me as she passes.

She will never stop will she?

"Have you heard of 'All coming back to me' by Celine Dion?" Forest-Esmee asks.

I have.

"I'm not sure, could you sing it for me?"

She chuckles looking down at her hands."I don't know."

"You're a wonderful singer. Don't go shy on me now."

Even if I can't see it, I know she's blushing as she shakes her head."I can't."

I shrug."It's alright. Whenever you're ready, I am."

Celeste brings back our mugs of hot tea.

"Thank you," I say bobbing the tea bag up and down a little to get all its flavorings into the water.

"I'm gonna take a bath," Celeste says."A bubble one so it might take me an hour or more."

I know what she is trying to do and I can tell that Forest-Esmee does to because she smiles a little and forces all her attention to her tea.

"Have fun," I say.

"Mmm and the same for you two."

Celeste walks out humming 'Bam bam'.

"That song is going to be stuck in my head all night," Forest-Esmee says.

"Mine too."

I take a sip and say,"This tea bag is better the second time around."

Forest-Esmee shakes her head as she holds back a laugh. I wish she wouldn't. I do really like her little snort.