13

The rest of the week goes by uneventfully and all too soon it's the dreaded day; Saturday.

I don't know what to wear for the dinner so I decide to play it safe and wear a button up shirt with a simple bow tie. The tie symbolizes that I put a bit of effort into my look. I then find a pair of khaki shorts and my beach flip flops.

I don't look too bad for an old man.

Celeste calls me to give me directions. Turns out the place we're going to is a seafood place right at the lake. Besides nuts, I am also severely allergic to sea food, when I remind her of this she panics around for a few seconds then says, "Oh, actually. Not to worry, Nick. I just looked at the menu. They have some non sea food food there."

Yeah. The bread sticks maybe.

When I get there, I spot Celeste and the loser right away. I plaster a smile on my face and head to their day.

Celeste sees me and the biggest smile comes on her face. She's squeals and gets up to give me a quick hug.

"Hello, hello, I thought you lied and not come at all," she says squeezing me hard."I am glad you here though."

I feel smug at her obvious pleasure and Luca's displeasure.

Take that, loser.

She's wearing a soft, loose flowery dress that makes her baby bump disappears when she turns at a certain angle. She is what would call drop dead gorgeous.

Luca stands up and holds out his uninjured hand.

"Kaslo."

"Los-" I catch myself just in time. "Lacroix."

I sit down, ignoring his hand, and I'm glad Celeste doesn't say anything.

'All of me' by John Legend is playing overhead giving the restaurant a romantic atmosphere. Seeing all the couples around me, I suddenly feel like the third wheel. I try not think about it though so as not to get wounded up and ruin anything.

I take a look around the place. All of the tables are circular covered by lacy white tablecloths that remind me of white lingerie.

At the center of each table there is a sky blue vase with one yellow rose in it.

The rose at ours looks wilty and ready to call it quits. I grab it, rip all the petals off in one jerk, and throw it away behind me.

Luca and Celeste look at me quizically but they don't say anything.

A waiter comes by and sets down a basket of seaweed chips and what I think is guacamole.

Luca and Celeste ooh and ah as they take samples.

Involuntarily I think of Forest-Esmee and that quirky way she has about her.

I've been doing that a lot. Thinking about her.

Celeste must see something in my face because she raises one eyebrow and smiles teasingly,"What are you thinking about, Nicky?"

"Nothing important."

I lift my menu all the way up to cover my face and study it. They have a pretty big and nice variety to choose from.

Shrimp creole. Can't have shrimp.

Gumbo with shrimp. Can't have shrimp.

Crawfish boils. Can't have crawfish.

Jambalaya. Doesn't sound good.